The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Danny?
Posted by: Rastaman (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: August 22, 2015 10:19AM

This forum used to be mainly about hurricanes, etc. Is anyone concerned about Danny? Barbara?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Danny?
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: August 22, 2015 05:38PM

Danny! yes, the whole island is concerned... people are raiding the supermarkets. We have even started to board up our house ( after getting caught with our pants down last year with Gonzalo)
NHC has Danny basically heading right at us. The good news is he is losing a lot of his power and is forecast to be a tropical storm with 50 MPH winds by the time he gets here.
Hopefully we will get some much need rain.
I'm not too worried but still..better safe than sorry.
Thanks for checking in, Rastaman! smiling smiley

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: Rastaman (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: August 22, 2015 06:27PM

Dear Barbara: I was on island 3 weeks ago. I had a 25 foot tall palm lose its top (i.e.die) next to my driveway. I bought 3 truckloads of water, and only gave each plant a drink (who knew 7500 gallons went only so far). We are coming back in Sept and would greatly appreciate some water in our cisterns (the last time they were full was Gonzalo.
We would like to meet you and the Gardener on this visit. We have been planning it too long without doing it.
p.s. The guys at Capt. Oliver"s tell me Phillipe and William are in Florida. We live in North Florida (about 250 miles from Ft. Meyers/Sarasota.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: August 23, 2015 11:14AM

The forecast for Danny is further south on each update. Checking stormcarib How Close Can it Get tool: Results for St.Maarten/St.Martin (18.05N, 63.12W):
The approximate Closest Point of Approach (CPA) is located near 16.8N, 63.4W or about 88.7 miles (142.7 km) from your location. The estimated time of when the center of the storm will be at that location is in about 1 day, 6 hours and 45 minutes from now (Monday, August 24 at 5:48PM AST). It will be a tropical depression.

Folks, I seriously doubt we will see much from Danny at all. We probably won't even get much rain.

Rastaman, yes, the guys are in Florida near Ft Meyers.
Would love to meet you this trip. let me know.

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |