The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Monthly expense
Posted by: jigar (207.191.241.---)
Date: September 01, 2014 11:53PM

HI I have recently got an offer from company to relocate in saint maarten on dutch side near cole bay. They have offer me monthy 4750 usd. We are three people, me, my wife and my son 3 year old. We are pure vegeterian in diet. I would like to know regarding monthly expense for house furnish or unfurnish, vegeterian grocessary approximate budget and pre kinnergarden school fees. I am much confused because i have heard that saint maarten is very costly iland. I am worry that can i at least save 2000 usd or not?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Monthly expense
Posted by: pat (32.216.76.---)
Date: September 02, 2014 09:26AM

So many variables here but I'm thinking probably not if you're genuinely planning to cover a decent family rental, utilities, transportation expenses, insurances, and groceries along with preschool fees for your child and daily incidentals like clothing and entertainment costs now and then, and then still manage to save $2000. a month.

Is your spouse hoping to obtain a job and augment your salary? There are some very specific laws about that unless you are a Dutch citizen, and that's assuming the company who has made the job offer will be providing you with working paper support in becoming legal.

There are members here who live on the island and may be more able to answer your question more accurately but I'm thinking I couldn't do all you need to do and then manage to save that much money each month too. But good luck to you.

Respectfully,

pat

Re: Monthly expense
Posted by: Kennys (---.sintmaarten.net)
Date: September 04, 2014 05:24PM

Hello ,
As Pat said , there's no way you can save that kind of money i.e unless you make some serious comprising .Depending on area , a decent two bedroom furnished will cost you at $ 1,500 if you get lucky. Add the rest and you will be breaking even .

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |