The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Car Rental, again.
Posted by: GCC Wolverine (---.sc.res.rr.com)
Date: August 15, 2013 09:55AM

So many car rental questions and various answers as I peruse the recent archives of this site. Quite an informative place, by the way. Other than the "overseers" who appear to be unbiased and fair to most companies, Ms. Pat, may have the answer I am looking for. Ms. Pat, I must believe you use one company for car rental every year, year in-year out; and this site reads like you've been vacationing on St. M. for a very long time. If you don't mind me asking, which company do you use? I'm fairly certain you'd like to be politically correct and say that there are so many great companies available. Now seriously, to whom do you go for your car needs? Barbara and her monitor friends may not like me asking for such particular info.; may seem like you're advertising and promoting one particualr company if you answer. If so, that's OK. Pretend like this question never happened; don't want you to get into trouble. Clearly just looking for an input from one who seems to have been around the island for a while.I know from reading this board for a few hours that you help many people on many issues. You must have your favorite; just a feeling. Thank you, w-ine.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Car Rental, again.
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: August 15, 2013 02:14PM

I will respond to you ( becasue I saw your post before pat did) and tell you that pat uses Kenny's and has for years. he gets rave reviews everywhere.
[www.kennyscarrental.com]

now why in the world would you say that me and my moderator friends wouldn't like your question?
I don't know where you are coming from with that attitude.
Are you Ed in disguise?
We never censor that kind of information here. Why would we?
People are supposed to post with their recommendations.
You must be thinking of some other board

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: August 15, 2013 03:52PM

And beside the fact I find the tone of the OP kinda "funny" (in the weird sense of it confused smiley ) I would like to add that I am not using any rental car services, so I wouldn't be able to recommend any, thus like said Barbara, why in the world I wouldn't like your question?.. We even respond question about Seamans Club and any other type of business (and Catholic Churches as well...) if we can grinning smiley , so we wouldn't mind to respond about rental car company if we could...LOL

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2013 03:58PM by Tabba Khady.

Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 15, 2013 05:30PM

Gcc Wolverine,

Trust me, on this, the moderators wouldn't have a problem with this type of question since it's but one of the many things this forum is all about.

But for the record, Barbara got it right - we do use Lesley Bruce of Kennys Car Rentals and have twice a year for a lot of years now. We prefer a 'lovingly used' car as opposed to a brand spankin' shiny new one, and we prefer to get our car at the airport without having to do the additional step of going elsewhere to get the car and/or do the paperwork and Lesley provides this service for us. We also know that, while hopefully we won't need to do it, Lesley is always 'on call' if any kind of an emergency arises and we need to contact him. To me, that's worth paying a little more for, if in fact, that's even the case. He's a nice guy and he truly does take good care of his clients and we've always known him to go the extra mile.

And yes, there are a lot of other good companies on the island, but my basic premis is, 'if it ain't broke, why mess with it' and so we continue to use Kennys year after year.

If the address Barbara posted doesn't work, you could also try an email to:

bruce@sintmaarten.net

I frequently use this address when I have questions for him.

Thank you for your kind words and confidence in me but again, trust me, the mods do a great job here keeping this a reasonable place for just this purpose.

Respectfully,

pat
smiling smileysmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2013 05:40PM by pat.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |