The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Question on airfare from Seattle
Posted by: Robin (---.evrt.wa.frontiernet.net)
Date: November 26, 2011 01:51AM

Hi all. I am considering re-visiting St. Maarten in January or March/April. I was wondering what is the best route to take to get there from Seattle? Is it Seattle/Boston/St.Maarten, or Chicago, etc. Also, what are your recommendations for prices with regard to my timing considerations? thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Question on airfare from Seattle
Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: November 26, 2011 07:00AM

this is a question that basically no one here can answer really... It is up to you to do a search through different airlines and website regarding your dates etc... : orbitz, travelocity, cheapticket, etc, etc... just google to start with!

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Kathy (---.dhcp.knwc.wa.charter.com)
Date: November 27, 2011 10:02PM

Greetings Robin; We live in Wenatchee and have been going to SXM for 20 years. We have found the best route is on American Airlines, leaving Seatac around 10pm going through Dallas, Miami and arriving in St. Maarten in the early afternoon. You don't want to waste a day of your vacation traveling so that is why we take the red eye. You are going to love this island!

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: November 28, 2011 08:43AM

thats usually the connection my friends from Settle get also. They try to do as many FF miles as they can though because the trip can be expensive.

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: Robin (---.evrt.wa.frontiernet.net)
Date: December 23, 2011 02:54PM

Hi and thanks so much for the recommendation. This would be my fifth time in St. Martin, and hopefully not my last. The last time I went from Seattle I stopped over in Chicago. Prior to that I flew direct from Boston as I lived on the East Coast. So, still experimenting. I was considering Hawaii because its closer, but St. Maarten is my favorite. I'll check out the connection through Dallas/Miami and see....thanks again and happy holidays!

Posted by: jill (65.55.67.---)
Date: December 23, 2011 09:39PM

i have never found a direct flight from boston, mass..but could be wrong. i live in weymouth,ma/

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: December 24, 2011 07:11AM

Jetblue isn't flying direct to sxm from boston anymore????

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: SXMScubaman (---.tukw.qwest.net)
Date: December 26, 2011 06:29PM

We have gone different routes to SXM from Seattle as we live in Auburn. We like the Late morning SEA to Dallas to Miami and spend the night in the Miami Airport Hotel to get the first flight out to SXM. We have also done the redeye direct on Alaska from SEA to Miami with a three hour layover to get that same AA late morning flight to SXM.

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |