The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pointe Blanche
Posted by: Arizona Beach Monkey (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: September 22, 2011 01:24AM

I was planning to stay in Pointe Blanche when I visit in November. I answered an ad that advertises a Large Studio for $300/week. The guy I called is named O'neal. Does anyone know this place or does anyone have anything good or bad to say about this area?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pointe Blanche
Posted by: alex (65.55.67.---)
Date: September 22, 2011 10:25AM

how many times are you going to post this? does the place have electricity or water at that price or is it extra?

Posted by: Arizona Beach Monkey (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: September 22, 2011 11:05AM

Geez Alex, don't be so uptight! I thought people in St. Maarten were relaxed? I posted a new thread because I thought it would be better to get replies to my specific question. Obviously you can't help me.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: September 22, 2011 03:34PM

Pointe Blanche is a nice residential area. You would need to rent a car to get to shopping etc. I do not know the studio in question though

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Moving to St.Marten from the US
Posted by: Tammy StLouis (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: November 11, 2011 07:27AM

I am interested in relocating (wintering) to your beautiful island for 5-6 months per year coming from New York State. Because I wish to stay longer than the 3 month allowance, what would I need to do to obtain the required permission? Does this need to be renewed yearly?

I currently run my own business (association/meeting management) in the US and have my own clients, etc, that I will continue to work with via Internet during the time I am there. Am I required to apply for a work or business permit even though I will not be looking for employment?

Any information you can offer will be helpful. Thank you in advance.

Posted by: Elaine (---.caribserve.net)
Date: November 11, 2011 08:18AM

You will have to apply for temporary residency renewable every year. You will not need a work permit unless you are earning $$ here on the island.

Lots of paperwork required for residency, and requirements change all the time.

But generally you have to prove you can support yourself, have insurance, are not a criminal etc, etc, etc.

Re: Moving to St.Marten from the US
Posted by: alleventsinc (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: November 11, 2011 10:40AM

Thank you Elaine. Your information is most helpful.

Might you be able to suggest a website that I can visit to find out about the requirements and find the forms? Also, can you tell me what type of insurance I have to prove I have (medical, business etc.)

Thank you in advance.

Posted by: Elaine (---.caribserve.net)
Date: November 11, 2011 11:53AM

It's medical they care about. Website? LOL. Not here! If you're not here to go to immigration, you will have to hire an agency that can provide the ever changing list and assist you.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |