The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Some Questions about St. Martin
Posted by: Jabrone (46.7.49.---)
Date: March 21, 2011 03:29PM

Looking into coming over next year for a few months and i have a few questions if its not too much trouble to ask.

How much would it cost to rent a 1 bedroom apartment somewhat close to a quiet beach? I plan on doing a lot of reading and prefer something not too busy and touristy. Would it be difficult to organize it in advance online?

What kind of fruit is available? I assume there are some tropical fruits that i cant get where i live which is exciting and also how much do mango, pineapples etc cost on the island?

To make things a bit clearer i plan on staying on the French side

Thank You

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Some Questions about St. Martin
Posted by: double-D (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: March 22, 2011 11:04AM

Everything on the island is shipped in from other countries....but everything seems to be fresh!!

Posted by: WOW (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: March 23, 2011 10:47AM

If you go to the Hidden Forest Cafe at Lotterie Farm, I believe many of the fruits and vegatables they use are grown right on their farm. Can't get much fresher than that!!!

Posted by: Mathieu (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: March 23, 2011 12:14PM

Have you been to the island before ?
From your post it sounds like you may have not and if so, I'd strongly recommend that you do first - even if for a week or two - to see how things work and run on the island and get a feel for island life, before setting your sights on a longer stay.

During your scouting trip, explore and research accommodations and locations on the island because there are so many options and you have to be savvy about them, visit the grocery stores to see what they offer and how much it costs, what you can and cannot obtain on the island, transportation options to get you around for the times you will need to, and what it will all mean in adjusting your needs accordingly. If you plan to spend several months on the French side, a working knowledge of the French language will help you enormously, and help to avoid isolating yourself.

Best of luck,

M

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: March 23, 2011 02:00PM

there also is a rasta farm on the road leading into Marigot. go early in the morning and you can get fresh produce grown right there.

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: WOW (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: March 23, 2011 03:05PM

As you can see Jabrone, there are plenty fo oppurtunities to enjoy the fruits of the island!!thumbs up

Posted by: Anon (12.16.111.---)
Date: March 23, 2011 08:51PM

"1 bedroom apartment somewhat close to a quiet beach?"

Now that is your challenge.

Posted by: Jabrone (46.7.49.---)
Date: March 27, 2011 12:38PM

Thanks for the replies guys. As for the few months stay on the island, it wont be solely on St Martin but i plan to use it as my sort of base inbetween travels to near by islands. Seeing as i am a EU citizen it makes sense to make St Martin the headquarters for my adventure as i wont have to worry about extending visas etc while im on the french side.

Looking forward to the day i reach the island

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |