The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Royal Palm - recent developments
Posted by: joespuds (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: February 16, 2011 04:09PM

I've been following the "Daily Herald" to learn more about recent actions involving Royam Palm in Simpson Bay. From what I read, it said that Royal Palm was sold within the past week (since 10 Feb.) Could anyone confirm this ,and/or provide further details please?

Thank you,
Joe

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Royal Palm - recent developments
Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: February 16, 2011 07:24PM

It's not the Royal Palm which has been sold.. It's Pelican Resort which was sold and is now owned and managed by a company called "Royal resort".... nothing to do with Royal Palm as far as I know.

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Date: February 16, 2011 07:27PM

Ok, thank you, Philippe. I hope the Pelican issue sorts out soon.
Joe

Re: Pelican problems
Posted by: Jan (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 28, 2011 12:21AM

We were going to St. Martin on March 12 through the 20th and now the Pelican is closed.. They emailed us and had nothing to give us on the island.. We called our credit card company and told them and we want our dues back for the week and now we had to rent a place double the amount... What happens if they come back and now we haven't paid our dues.. Can we then pay for next year? Does anyone know about the Pelican.. I don't see anything about the problems on this forum...

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 28, 2011 07:03AM

My impression is that if the timeshare goes back to normal status after these issues are resolved with the courts and with the employees, then you will be billed 2012 maintenance charges and you will be able to use your timeshare next year. I would think of this as being similar to the Royal Islander who credited maintenance charges to those that could not use their timeshares after the hurricanes ravaged the resort and whatever difference in the charges such as increases were billed the next year with only the difference being paid. In your case, you would not be credited (if your money is returned) and so you would have to pay the full amount of whatever their charges would be for 2012.

At least I would hope this is how it would work. Of course, because we are not directly involved with the dealings of these issues, only time will tell exactly what will happen.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Re: Pelican problems
Date: February 28, 2011 12:55PM

Jan - You may find some helpful info here: [sxm.atlanticwebfitters.ca]

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |