The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Sunset Beach Bar open?
Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 19, 2011 06:01PM

Hey, Dennis,

Isn't it sad?

We watched the same thing both last year and the year before at Mullet Bay Beach but in this case it was a combined effort of cruise ship guests off a tour bus and one of the much talked about party boats that pulled in. They had a great time (and I know this because the party boat dropped their cooler in the sand at the foot of my chaise lounge so that I couldn't even sit on the end to dry my feet...grrrr).

They whooped it up and did seem to enjoy all their libations as they savored our little piece of paradise but apparently they never heard of cleaning up after themselves. There were plastic drink cups left all over - it was really pretty disgusting and sad to see that those in charge allowed it to happen.

At least the last time we saw the party boat in November they did have a huge plastic bag with them and carted most of their debris off with them so I guess we're making headway.

And for those who knew her when, the beach at Mullet Bay would never have been allowed to look like that or be left in that condition by the powers that were in charge 'back in the day'.......

Respectfully,

pat
smiling smileysmiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: double-D (76.71.90.---)
Date: January 22, 2011 10:59AM

I agree Dennis...The Driftwood is a much better place...way better value!!
The SBAG is getting snooty!!

Posted by: WWII (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 22, 2011 01:21PM

I like both places. At sunset all the cruisers are back on board.

Posted by: rita (65.55.67.---)
Date: January 24, 2011 01:15PM

does driftwood offer free drinks to topleass gals like sunset beach bar? where is it located in regard to sunset beach?

Posted by: Elaine (190.102.7.---)
Date: January 24, 2011 06:27PM

No they do not. It's at the other end of the beach, next to Tortuga Cafe

Posted by: Zebulon (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 30, 2011 07:30PM

The Porta-Potty at the Driftwood is one of the most disgusting I've ever seen. (30 years on construction sites) A cold water jug with no soap or towels doesn't pass as sanitary conditions no matter what country your talking about. Bottled beer only and no food for me at this establishment. Similar view of the planes but MUCH better view and personality behind the bar than at SSBB.

Posted by: double-D (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: February 11, 2011 04:36PM

They were very clean yesterday...and i have never seen that many people on that beach!

Date: February 12, 2011 07:39AM

double-D Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They were very clean yesterday...and i have never
> seen that many people on that beach!

They???? Are you referring to Driftwood? There was only one when I was there in January.

Posted by: double-D (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: February 12, 2011 01:01PM

I only saw one...you said facilities..thats plural...so the correct response would be they!
And Miss Columbia washed her hands often!!
Hey Zeb...you seem to have an account with the SBAG...and a bee in your bonnet for the Driftwood.....not to worry....people will make their own minds up...and keep some $$$ in the wallet!!

Date: February 12, 2011 04:35PM

Facilities= Porta Potty and a barrell of cold water. Miss Columbia isn't the chef, and I'm not the one with a horse in this race, and I will question anyone that thinks that Porta Potty is sanitary.

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: February 12, 2011 05:59PM

And I think you won't question anyone anymore on this thread!!!! It's done... no need to argue about a "bowl". This argumentation is now way far from the original question contained in the tittle of this thread. If you feel to develop your Porta Porty Porto Bella theory you are free to open a constructive and friendly new thread...

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |