The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

zee best & marc's place
Posted by: bubble (---.wesleyan.edu)
Date: November 04, 2010 09:11AM

I have been traveling to st. martin since 1984. there was a small breakfast place in marigot run by a man named Roger, who is sinced passsed away. It was taken over by his son Danny. Can you tell if Danny is still on the island . Marc's place used to be located in clu-de-sac A while ago he move . Could someone give me some info about Marc. Thanks Paul

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: zee best & marc's place
Posted by: tom2 (65.55.67.---)
Date: November 04, 2010 09:49AM

marc is well and doing a great business in philipsburg at the traffic circle beside the grocery store. his food is delicious,very inexpensive with large portions.must try the au grautin potatoes... he stll runs around like he is 20 years old and prices havent changed in several years.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: November 04, 2010 01:54PM

zee best is now located in Simpson Bay Yacht Club. still has great pastries. I don't believe Danny is on the island though.

Mark's Place, one of my favorites, is at the Grand Marche supermarket complex at the traffic circle, just on the outskirts of Philipsburg.

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: bubble (---.pp.wesleyan.edu)
Date: November 04, 2010 03:16PM

Thank you for the information , I will have to visit Marc when I travel in a few weeks

Posted by: traveler (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 06, 2010 08:00AM

We have been going to sxm since 1979. Although the pastries at Zee Best were terrific, the show that Roger put on was always fun. He could sell anything to anybody. He used to try to get you to order scrambled eggs. He said they were guaranteed. "If you don't like, you don't pay". "Of course if you don't pay......................you don't eat". We heard that Danny was living in the Carolinas.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |