- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Sympathies to Philippe and the family of Captain Oliver
Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: October 26, 2010 09:47AM

Yes, It was written by a very good long time Friend Mary Wrigley, board member of our Regatta Committee... However the DH editor as always didn't published the original version of what she wrote, he cut into it as it is his habits (unfortunately...) so I posted it on Capt. O facebook page

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Christian Korte (---.caribserve.net)
Date: May 01, 2012 08:30PM

Bonjour Philippe et salut tout le monde! Sorry for writing in such an old topic!
I'm the producer of this video, finally back on Saint-Martin now for the first time since 2005 when I was filming this footage.
Unfortunately I only found out now about the passing of le Captain and though very belated, would still like to extend my condolences.
I wasn't just some guy coming here only for filming, I was actually a resident at that time, living in Rue d l'Escale just up the street from Captain Oliver's. Oyster Pond was my home sweet home and I'm well aware of its history and what significant role the Captain played in it. I was and am very proud to have an interview with the Captain in my documentary. Though I met him only briefly, I remember him as a truly charasmatic, strong and authentic personality, with his captivating smile of course. smiling smiley
I hope that he still had a chance somehow to watch my chapter about Oyster Pond and approved of his portrayal. I will make sure to drop by your administration in the next days and leave some copies of the DVD, furthermore I have decided to make the whole interview with him available for public on Youtube once I'm back in my office in some weeks, I feel it is an appropriate way for me to give him a tribute and memorial. I'll post the link here and on the facebook page.
Thank you and kind regards,
Christian Korte

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: May 02, 2012 06:51AM

This is a fantastic video Christian and it was nice to hear his voice once again, and I am really looking forward to meet with you if you pass by Captain Oliver's. I'll be down at the Marina, in Captain's former office.

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: May 03, 2012 06:06PM

what a beautiful video.

Philippe, you aren't at the restaurant office any more?

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |