The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9
Re: La Belle Creole
Posted by: charles (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 12, 2011 02:20PM

La Belle Creole was the first trip my girlfriend(now wife) ever took in March of 1991 a few months after we started dating. We loved this hotel and location. We had a wonderful room on the first floor that opened up onto the bay. While there, I recognized a childhood friend from Hackensack nj who was working there at the time named Glen Vlassic(sp). We had drinks with he and his wife.
Last I heard about 15 years ago that Glen was working in Florida...
Would love to return to LBC if it is ever resurrected....

Cheers,
Charles Bozian

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MichaelLBCFan (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: May 28, 2012 09:15AM

In our pre-kid days of the late '80s through early '90s, my wife and I sampled the Caribbean a couple times each summer... and LBC became one of 'our' magical places that we returned to several time in those years.

The staff at LBC was an outstanding, guest-minded corps; the food was delicious (yes Bob... especially the breakfast); the rooms were spacious and quite comfortable; the property was stunning. It was true that the resort's beach, and the waters just off the beach, were somewhat limiting for free-spirited sunbathing or soft-sandy wading and swimming. That was little concern for us though, as we were there for the peace, tranquility and togetherness that LBC fostered (and beautiful Baie Rouge was just down the road).

We've transitioned from pre-kid, through young-kids, through teenager and are now into our college-kids days... That type of traveling has been curtailed in recent years, but I'd hoped to surprise my wife with a trip back to LBC in 2013 (the year of our 25th year of marriage).

"RT" -- where did you go? Any progress? Any hope of fulfilling such a surprise trip? <sigh>

Best to all.

Mike

Posted by: Kelly (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 22, 2012 08:59PM

I spent the most wonderful honeymoon at la belle creole 20 years ago. I worked for Hilton at the time and had our entire week comped. Was so sad to hear of its closing and deterioration. Wanted to surprise my husband with a trip back. What a shame!

Posted by: Clem (---.caribserve.net)
Date: October 23, 2012 05:21AM

I believe the Getty Corporation now owns the property with plans to re-build, but who know when. They do have the building permit. Can view it from our window. Nothing happening that I can see. Clem

Posted by: molly langwald (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: December 13, 2012 04:06PM

I spent my honeymoon at La Belle Creole in October of 1994.I found the grounds to be so romantic, almost enchanting. Great views,quiet location, and the best chocolate croissants for breakfast every morning. I was so sad to hear it was demolished by the hurricane a year later. Hard to recreate a place with memories like I have. I'm glad I had the chance to experience it.

La Belle Creole
Posted by: PETE (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: July 07, 2013 06:36PM

La Bell was a wonderful place to spend a vacation time. We visited twice back then. Then the disaster. What an awful event... and equally awful result. The bullshit began and, I suppose never ended. So, what is it now?

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: July 08, 2013 12:26PM

Posted by: Steven (---.adsl.eunet.rs)
Date: July 21, 2013 02:33PM

St. Maarten is a wonderful island ! I'd love to visit it once again soon.

Pages: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |