The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: fishing st martin
Posted by: slicer (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 03, 2011 01:47PM

going down to st maarten first 2 weeks may staying at blue pelican need to know what bars/restaurants-beaches are in walking distance?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: slicer (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 03, 2011 01:54PM

anybody comment on Lee's 1/2 day deep sea fishing deal?

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 14, 2011 03:51PM

My brother went out with Lees and enjoyed it BUT you can not keep the fish. You could try another charter company as well called Seaside Charters. Their website is:
www.stmaartencharterdeals.com They may have something as well.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: Sam (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 26, 2011 11:21AM

Dont understand the fishing issue's on St Martin. If you start asking Rudy questions about what to expect, type of fish for that time of the year, he immediately cuts you off. All we want is honest information about the conditions and fishing during certain parts of the year. If its not good so be it. We will more than likely still fo out. Here are my questions:

1. Coming the first week of April. How are the fishing conditions during this part of the year? How far out (in hours) do we need to travel to reach these fish?
2. Are there any reef fishing opportunities if the trolling is slow? What do you catch?

All I'm looking for is the same honest feedback I get everywhere else. How has the fishing been? Is this a good time of year? What are the alternatives? (trolling, reef, etc)

And yes....I do realize its a fishing trip and not a catching trip. (Rudy's famous line)

Posted by: carol v (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 28, 2011 01:36PM

We wwent the 2nd week in April last year on Lee's. You only have to travel about 1/2 hour to reach the depths necessary but unfortunately we did not catch anything or even have a run-off. Captain did say there were some Mahi around but that the water was too "cold" that time of the year. Almost laughed since we fish for Maho off the coast of NY in colder water than it was there. Was a nice day but he put 6 of us on the boat when he had said there was only going to be 4 and at $160 per person he made quite a bit that day

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: March 29, 2011 06:44AM

I guess you were the "catch of the day"..!!! grinning smiley

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

how is weather in august st.maarten?
Posted by: Andrian Tcaci (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: August 03, 2011 07:01PM

how it is in August in st. Maarten. a lot of rain?

Posted by: OLDE SALT (---.lightspeed.miamfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 30, 2011 11:35AM

Will be in St. Maarten for a day Dec. 13th. Would like to fish from shore or wade. If there is anyone with knowledge of easy access fishing, i would appreciated the info.

THANKS,

OLDE SALT

Posted by: Rock of Ages (---.hsd1.in.comcast.net)
Date: January 04, 2012 07:04PM

Does anybody have any information on deep sea febuary fishing conditions around St Martin?

Posted by: bob flaherty (---.static.twtelecom.net)
Date: January 07, 2012 12:26PM

coming in on a crusise ship from 8 am to 5 pm probable 5 or 6 guys would like to do drift fishing (not deep sea) Any suggestions???

Posted by: roger (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 07, 2012 04:56PM

I am a fisherman. On a 1to 10 I would give St>Martin a 3 for fishing. I think peoples expectations are higher. Instead of reading every ones opion go down the the charter boats and see what they are coming in with...see for yourself what they caught.If aimlessly trolling around for several hundreds dollars to maybe pull in a barracuda with four people on the boat if your lucky is not great fishing. Read your contract before you go out...Lees does not let you keep the fish if you catch anything worthwhile.I have fished their many times.... not bad captains just just not great fishing.

Posted by: Larry (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: January 28, 2012 07:47AM

Will be in St Maarten on Dawn's Beach area 2/4/2012 2/11/2012.
No desire to do deep sea fishing or on-shore fishing from beach.
Are there any services that you can enlist to do small boat, off-shore fishing...jettys, mangroves, etc. with light tackle? Casting with live bait/lures? Please advise. Thanks.Have done the deal with pulling bait thru water for 4-6 hours off back of boat on down-riggers...not interested in boat ride or sitting on beach surf fishing...want to do light/medium spincast/finesse fishing...tarpon. Snook.S Mac, Redfish, etc. If you have info, please reply

Posted by: Al (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: February 18, 2012 08:57AM

We are looking at deep sea fishing while we are on a cruise, St Maarten is one of the stops, but if the fishing isn't that great, where would you recommend? We are stopping at Tortola, St Maarten, St Kitts, Dominica, and Barbados? Feel free to e-mail or post.

Posted by: Skoon (69.164.171.---)
Date: December 15, 2012 03:40PM

I see some posts in regard to shore fishing. Any good/recent advise? I would also like to rent my own small boat. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Posted by: Martin (---.pools.arcor-ip.net)
Date: December 15, 2012 03:51PM

i would like to fish in saint martin too. have anyone other ideas for it?

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |