The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

wedding planners
Posted by: Jay (---.dhcp.oxfr.ma.charter.com)
Date: December 18, 2007 04:31PM

I own an apt in Grand Case and my nephew and his fiancee would like to get married in SXM and honeymoon in my apt. They'd like to get married on the beach, preferably in Grand Case.

He has located a company called EnchantedWeddings online. Does anyone know anything about this company or any others. Are they legitimate, trustworthy, to come thorugh with what they promise, so the kids don't wind up spending time fussing with arrangements, etc. Could they set up a wedding in Grand Case?

Any info would be helpful. Thanks a lot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wedding planners
Posted by: Elaine (---.p1.ragingwire.net)
Date: December 19, 2007 10:53AM

Can't help with a wedding planner, but before planning a wedding on the French side, you should check into the amount of time you must "reside" on the French side before you can get married. I think that's why most weddings take place on the Dutch!

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: December 19, 2007 11:59AM

Elaine is right.
Weddings in St. Martin (French) are notoriously more difficult to arrange, though not impossible, than weddings in St. Martin (Dutch). To hold weddings in St. Martin, either the bride or the groom have to have resided in St. Martin for over one month. St. Maarten also has a residency requirement, but it is more symbolic - foreign visitors who wish to hold their weddings in St. Martin (Dutch) may request permission from the Lieutenant Governor.
there are several wedding planners on the Dutch side that are good:

[www.sintmaartenmarry-me.com]

[www.weddings-in-stmaarten.com]

and here is a web site which lists others, including the ones I just listed.

[www.stmaarten-info.com]

Posted by: Jay (---.dhcp.oxfr.ma.charter.com)
Date: December 19, 2007 12:30PM

Thanks a lot for the great info and recommendations. There asre plenty of nice beaches on the Dutch side to get married on.

Posted by: Sandy (---.carolina.res.rr.com)
Date: December 19, 2007 03:18PM

Hi Jay,

I have used Jean Rich at weddings-in-stmaarten many times for clients.
She is the best!

Sandy

Posted by: brian (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 18, 2008 08:00PM

I have heard great things about Jean Rich also. She has several timeshares and access to rentals,rental cars etc.

Posted by: Annonymous (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 22, 2009 09:20PM

Jean is great for a simple wedding, but for larger (higher end) or more complex weddings you should really go elsewhere. Unfortunately I speak from personal experience...

Posted by: anon (---.sintmaarten.net)
Date: February 22, 2009 10:00PM

It seems as if you have a grudge to bear against Jean Rich since you posted the same thing on two different forums. I personally know many couples who have had weddings done by Jean both big & small & inexpensive as well as top of the line & all were very happy. Unfortunately not every wedding turns out perfect even though everyone involved would like it to.

I hope your marriage is doing well since that is all that really matters.

Posted by: contessa (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 25, 2009 10:13AM

My nephew got married in SXM. They got married on the Dutch side, came over to the French side and had another ceremony on Orient @ Baywatch w/apps & drinks then had their reception at their hotel around the pool. It was WONDERFUL!!
So, there are ways to do both. Get creative!

smileys with beer Contessa

Posted by: DanandPam (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: February 25, 2009 11:15AM

Jay...Make sure you get prices in writing...as we spoke to the father of the Bride(Great Bay Feb 9 09)...He was surprised it cost him $19 a chair(plastic) and $500 renatal fee for an arbour(sp) Two palm branches stuck in the sand!

Posted by: Kishia (200.7.57.---)
Date: May 17, 2009 09:30PM

I've recommended numorous clients to Nadia who manages Prestige Design & Events.
They operate on both the French and Dutch side of the island. Their prices are very reasonable and they work with any budget and any amount of guests.

www.prestigedesignevents.com

Em:prestigedzyne@yahoo.com

Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: May 18, 2009 05:41PM

And one more suggestion is to have the ceremony at the gazebo at the Sonesta Maho hotel which overlooks the caribbean. I attended one and it was breathtaking. You could just have the ceremony there and then as was suggested, return to the French side for the reception. You would need to use their wedding planner but our friends used them and everything (except the brief rainfall) went perfectly.

[www.vrbo.com]

Life is not a child's game of follow the Leader. Instead, life is more about finding one's own purpose in life....your life's plan, and then making a positive difference on earth.

Posted by: rebecca (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: December 29, 2014 01:10PM

has any body really used jean rich and does any body have pictures. me and my fiancee are using somebody calling themselves jean rich and in the past 5 months she has done nothing. our wedding is in 5 months getting really nervous.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |