Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Cottages de Lonvilliers
Posted by: BobP (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 04, 2009 04:29PM

Looking to sell my wk # 7 Pres week.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GaKaye (---.rcmdva.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 12, 2009 02:20PM

Bob, I'm curious as to why you've decided to sell. PM me if you'd rather.

Posted by: Cindy (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: March 23, 2009 01:22AM

HI

I have just read all of the posts here, and have attempted to email Didier at two of the addresses listed in a previous post -- this one had fatal errors-- lonvilliers.stmartin@carib-hotels.com --i tried emailing directly from the post, so I am thinking my typing ability could not be the issue-- has this address been replaced with a new one?? Is there any other way to get my questions answered??

My email was as follows..... We will be arriving on March 28 for a one week stay. Our plane arrives at 11am-- will we be able to check in earlier than the posted 4pm check in time? Also, do you have hair dryers in the unit? Are there beach towels available??

We have not yet received the usual confirmation paperwork by mail that we usually get from RCI -- are you aware of our arrival on the 28th?? (sure hope so because our plane is booked and I really don't think I want to sleep on the beach :-)

Date: March 24, 2009 12:19PM

The other posts answered your questions and you have the wrong Email address too.Try ansema@wanado.fr. The name is Cottages. The answer is yes to all your questions. Have fun.

Posted by: cindy (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: March 24, 2009 11:56PM

thanks Bob -- have sent another email to the address you listed

Cindy

Date: March 25, 2009 03:09PM

Cindy, Remember he's not in the office between 12:00 & 4:00. (French side break time)I know he eventually reads the EMAilS since I yelled at him last yr to check his computor sometime.PLease tell Didier, Bob & Maggie love him but we're still a little mad at him.HaHa. Anything else you need send me PM or post it on the forum.I know a little about the area because I began staying in Anse Marcel at LaHabitation in 86/87.Believe me he knows the arrival schedule with RCI or staying directly.

Date: April 13, 2009 07:28PM

Cindy, How about a trip report or did you had to sleep on the beach.

Posted by: Tina (---.dsl.frs2ca.pacbell.net)
Date: April 30, 2009 11:32AM

Hi, I have booked a week at this resort through RCI December 12-19, 2009. Hard to find information but this site has really helped! Thanks. Have a few questions: 1) a new pool construction at the resort was mentioned. Is this something that is ongoing or will happen between now and December? Also, is there wi-fi internet available onsite or anywhere nearby? Thanks again. Tina

Date: April 30, 2009 01:31PM

No pool now but its been discussed for the future. Yes WiFi is on site.

Date: July 24, 2009 12:54AM

Hi Bob

Here is my trip report-- we had a fabulous time!! We did sleep on the beach-- but only because the sun was sooo nice and warm and it seemed like a good way to while away some time :-)

We rented a car at the airport and drove up the west coast. I didn't do any driving, and according to my husband, it was a bit of an adventure, but I am glad we had the car as we managed to see quite a bit of the island. We arrived early, while Didier was having his lunch--he was having lunch and wasn't prepared to let us in early. We needed groceries anyway, and he told us we should drive into Phillipsburg to pick up supplies, the prices would be better. We were given one of the top units, and had a wonderful view of the water-- we had small birds that joined us on the balcony-- I think one of them might have been a gold finch-- very tame-- we put water in the ash tray and they splashed around in it, --one even perched on my leg for a bit.

We were given a beach pass by Didier, and that allowed us to use the chairs for free-- there were no umbrellas on 'our beach'-- which was ok with me, as I wanted to look like I had been south when we went home. Personally I thought our beach was just fine-- there was hardly ever anyone on it, so it was quite quiet and private. The water was amazing-- perfect temperature for cooling off. It might have taken us 5 minutes to walk down the hill to get to the beach (the exercise was good for us). We went to Orient Beach one day-- basically I can say -- we went there-- we walked along the beach for a bit, but were really not that impressed-- the chairs were lined up like theatre rows and the people were packed in like sardines-- for $10 a person (and I can't remember what currency) you got a chair, umbrella and a drink-- we opted for free chairs, drinks from our fridge and the privacy of our beach :-)

On Didier's advise, we also took a Scooby tour to Prickly Pear-- weather was perfect-- there were about 20 of us on the boat, and the island was something else. The lunch was very good, and the drinks even better :-) It was quite the feeling to sit back and think you were on such a small island in the middle of the ocean with only about 30 other people-- the world can really be a wonderfully small place.

Also on Didier's advise we went to Grand Case for the street festival and ate lolo (sp?) I think it might have been the last night for it, and it either was not very busy, or we left too early. The most unusual sight were the places that looked like people emptied out their liquor cabinets, set up a bar on the side of the road, and would sell you whatever you wanted to buy to drink while walking the street. Sure can't do that in Canada.

I had done a bit of research and discovered you are to go shopping in Phillipsburg on the days when there are not a lot of cruise ships docking- was able to find the schedule on the internet. However, I also heard that sometimes the deals are better when the crowds are bigger. I also heard that on one hand, you got better deals if you shopped at the end of the day, but I had someone offering me 'an early bird special' on perfume, but I had to buy it right then-- was kind of ticked off with myself because I had already bought it a couple of days before for more money :-( The jewelry store we went into, likes to make sure you are well hydrated in such hot weather, beer and wine are complimentary, even before you buy-- or maybe Bob just figured for sure he was going to convince us to buy.

As for the unit-- no complaints-- lots of room for the two of us, and very clean. The bathroom upstairs looked like the shower had been renovated recently-- maybe a bathtub had been taken out and replaced with a tub sized tiled shower-- very clean, and no mold what-so-ever-- we had a large vanity with double sinks, and there was a wired-in hair dryer. There was a welcome package of soap and shampoo, but you are expected to bring your own. The bed was rather different as it was so low to the ground, and I am pretty sure it was two twins pushed together, but it did not separate. It wasn't the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on, but I have slept on a lot worse. If you wish, and order the night before, Didier serves breakfast. We didn't ever have the breakfast, so I don't know how much it costs, or what it consisted of. You could also order baguettes, and other bread items and have them delivered to the unit.

The Radisson has re-opened, we passed thru the lobby going to and from the beach, and used the internet a few times. There is wireless service at the cottages, but we could not get our computer to see the signal. I am not so sure I would like to stay there. I don't believe there are many rooms that would have a water view, and the scenery from the balconies, could not begin to compare with our view. Plus, when I checked on line, it was very expensive to book.

We didn't do much cooking, and mostly ate around the resort-- didn't want to drink and drive. It was kind of expensive, but our logic was, that is part of the cost of the holiday. We found a Mexican place one night, I am not totally sure where we were, perhaps the Cul-de-sac (not very far from the Cottages, but we did have to drive). They took american dollars on par with the euro. It was a very small place, would maybe be able to seat 20 people -- but the food was very good, reasonably priced and a lot of fun. When we were finished our dinner, the waiter changed the music to 'the tequila' song while he served our unordered dessert-- tequila poppers, which he prepared and presented in a very theatrical way.

We went into Phillipsburg a few times, but I am glad we didn't stay in that area. Although my husband got a little bored towards the end of the week, all in all it was very relaxing, and we quite enjoyed the remoteness, the quiet, and the lack of hustle and bustle. Having the car, we were not far from anything we wanted to do.

Didier was a great help, as a tour guide, resource person, and one morning when we awoke to find the car had a dead battery (we think someone left the lights on)-- he was able to get the rental company to come to fix it at no charge to us-- and I am not sure we would have gotten the same results without him.

Would I go back and stay there-- yes, however, there is so much more of the world to see, it could be quite some time before we do.

Cindy

Date: July 25, 2009 10:34AM

Cindy, Very nice report and thanks for posting. The beach should have been uncrowded because during summer low season the Domaine Hotel is closed.The Radisson used to be LaHabitation Hotel and we stay their from 87- till it closed in 06 during Feb.We loved staying at that hotel during the DAYS when it used to be totally booked during winter season. LaHabitation used to close for the summer season too.You stayed in the location where we own a TS unit #5.Glad to hear Didier took good care of you and you enjoyed your vacation. Try staying there during the winter season when the island has more tourists.IMO, you didn't leave too early from GC that night. Most areas have less tourists during the summer.I agree everyone needs to see other places to know what they missed about SXM. We've been to other islands but continue to return for the past 31 yrs to SXM.I'm glad too you enjoyed the Scoo Bee To trip and they're really great. Thanks, Bob

Date: July 25, 2009 11:19PM

Hi Bob

we were actually there from the 28th of March until 4th of April-- I just have not been back on this web site since we got back. I think perhaps we stayed in your unit-- if there are six of them across the top-- we were in yours-- if so, there may be a new dishwasher when you go back-- we really only used it once, and initially we couldn't get it to start, had maintenance in to check it out, and the breaker had either been tripped, or shut off-- once that was straightened out, the thing wouldn't quit-- wasn't a big issue for us, as we didn't do much cooking-- but I was concerned for the next people to arrive

Cindy

Date: July 26, 2009 10:39AM

Cindy, The island had less tourists this winter season than previous yrs because of the recession, etc.GC restaurants aren't as busy as yrs ago either since the EURO began & cheaper Dutch side restaurants.SXM now has a different type of tourist and younger. Most aren't interested in the fine French restaurants and prefer cheaper places.Its sad to watch GC decline over the past 10 yrs.Harmony Nights was supposed to help increase business in GC but hasn't helped much overall.We were there during Pres wks for 15 days and the island had fewer tourists & traffic equal to the early 90's. Didier took better care of you than he did us.He refused to move a French couple out of our unit and had us stay in one that didn't come close in anyway. We were very angry and now we want to sell our unit and get out of time share completely.He never should have treated us the way he did.

Posted by: lynne (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: September 03, 2009 11:55AM

Hello,

I have been following the posts since my husband and I decided to stay at the Cottages in October 09. I sent the manager an email at the address listed above and it was returned twice. Does anyone know of another email address to try?
It sounds like a wonderful place, simple and peaceful which is what we are looking for...We have been to St. Marten many times before but have not stayed here yet, mostly in the Orient bay area.
I would appreciate if anyone has any new info or email address for the manager.
Thank you,
Lynne

Posted by: GaKaye (---.rcmdva.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 04, 2009 01:50PM

Try sending a PM to BobP, he probably has one.

Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |