The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Automax (Alizes) Car Rental Company
Posted by: jamcleet (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: February 15, 2007 11:23AM

Has anyone every heard of this company? If so, what has your experience been?

Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2007 02:28PM by jamcleet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Automax (Alizes) Car Rental Company
Posted by: Martine (201.220.6.---)
Date: February 24, 2007 10:22AM

ALIZES CAR RENTAL has nothing to do with Automax;
thank you for not mixing up.
best regards

Posted by: Don and Ceil (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 28, 2007 06:28PM

We just returned from St Martin's on Sat the 24th. We rented from Automax and found it to be great. To be sure we are talking about the same company the site is www.rentautomax.com. When we arrived at the airport they met us and since driving after dark in St Martin can be hard they offered to lead us to Orient Beach. When folowing became impossiable and we got lost they spent over an hour trying to find us, and left notes at the hotel to be sure we got there. It happened that we left glasses in the car, the day we left, and when we called them they brought them to the airport for us. We can't say enough good things about them.

Posted by: jamcleet (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: March 03, 2007 01:55PM

Martine, my apologies.

Don & Cecil, thank you for the very helpful information.

Posted by: jim (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 19, 2007 06:30PM

I just returned and rented from St Louis Car Rental. They were the cheapest I found. Marius was great, he met us at the airport with the car and met us when we departed. There were no hassles. They also offer 2 beach chairs and a small umbrealla for only $20 for the week. Email is www.stlouis-cars.com.

Posted by: Dale (---.dyn.comporium.net)
Date: July 16, 2011 12:16PM

July 2011 -- Just returned from St Martin and also used Automax. A++++ service! Louis and his son met us at the airport, got us up-to-speed on the car, then helped us with directions to the hotel. They gave us their cell number in case we needed them during our stay and met us promptly at the agreed-to time for returning the car. Everything went smoothly and they were extremely professional. Having read some horror stories about car rentals in SXM, I was very picky about choosing a rental company...and even after choosing, I was still worried! But I made absolutely no mistake choosing Automax and would definitely use them again!

Posted by: tom2 (65.55.67.---)
Date: July 16, 2011 09:34PM

hey

arnie arnell triple a is the best and cheapest. calllhim. irent a jeep for 2 weeks for 320.00

Posted by: Tom and Diane (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: February 02, 2012 06:47PM

I have used them 2 times in the past and plan to use them again this fall. I think that they are simply the best.They are always on time when they bring you the car at the airport and there when you return. I think the French license plates they have are much better than the Dutch plates that have a big R advertising you being a sought after tourist by some local petty thief. Louis is always very friendly and professional. I looked into several other companies even the big names and chose Automax and I am glad I did.

Posted by: Tom and Diane (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: September 17, 2012 09:40PM

Returned from St Martin after using Automax for a third time. Still a great company to rent from. I think Louis is still the best option when renting a car on the St Martin. Cant imagine going anywhare else.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |