The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
where to stay
Posted by: halo (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: October 15, 2006 11:18PM

We are staying in a Villa for 10 days and need to move on the last 2 nights of our stay. Where shoudl we go? We want someting nice, but not too spendy. (Villa took all our $$!!). We have 2 kids. We have always rented villas, so we do not have any experience at hotel/timeshares. We thought about the Sapphire, but after reading the bad feedback on here, I don't think we want to try it!

Plesse, if anyone can suggest somewhere, I would appreciate it, we will be there at the end of Nov.

THANK YOU!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: where to stay
Posted by: notanlines (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 17, 2006 04:55PM

Oyster Pond area is nice. Prices are very good and area is nice and quiet. Close to butterfly farm for the kids. Look into LesBalcons or even Colombus Hotel.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: October 17, 2006 05:29PM

does the Columbus Hotel have a web site?

Date: October 17, 2006 07:21PM

You can find it at

Posted by: Bill Burg (---.insightbb.com)
Date: October 19, 2006 02:32AM

We often fly in 3 or 4 days early to save on air fare. The last couple of years we stayed at Mercure over by Nettle Bay. The beach is on the Simpson bay side and very calm for kids. Nice place and the price was real good. 2 years ago we paid $65 per day and included free breakfast. Not Continental but full breakfast. Last year was $92 but still the best rate I could find. I just checked and their best no cancel no refund rate is 71 EU or about $89.

Posted by: Halo (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: October 19, 2006 11:11AM

Thanks Bill, we actually stayed at this hotel for 1 night about 5 years ago! Do you think that it has been remodeled recently? It was kind of old back then. Was it clean and beds comfortable?
Anyway, it's worth checking out...that is a GREAT price! Thank you.

Posted by: Bill Burg (74.139.192.---)
Date: October 19, 2006 05:13PM

It was bought by a French Canadian a little over a year ago and it seemed he was determined to make a difference. It was clean and comfortable last year but could still use some update. But I don't need new, just clean and friendly. I'm not using them this year as we aren't going early but I will next time.

Posted by: halo (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: October 20, 2006 11:21PM

HELP!! I am not having any luck finding a place to stay for 2 nights. Everyone I contacted has a 3 night minimum!! I tried the Mercure and it was $276 per night. I didn't want to pay that much!! Does anyone know of someone that might have a condo that they would like to rent out for a couple of nights??!!

Date: October 21, 2006 08:39AM

I am sure some places in Oyster Pond don't have minimum stay. Look at LesBalcons, Colombus Hotel or even Captain Olivers.

Posted by: CRS (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 21, 2006 01:39PM

Try the Delfina Hotel (Delfinahotel.de/FrameHE.htm) or the Royal Turtle inn Theroyalturtle.com We stayed at both and tey are clean and nice rooms about 110.00 pre night. The Delfina is in the cupecoy area going towards the sumitt resort.

Posted by: halo (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: October 23, 2006 11:31PM

I have checked out all of the suggestions and they either don't have any rooms for our days or not quite right. We liked lesbalcons and turtle inn and marys boon(too noisy, bad neighborhood), but no rooms. Any other places similar to these that would could check out? we REALLLY appreciate your help!! We have been to the island many times, but never really check out the hotels!

Posted by: Elaine (---.p1.ragingwire.net)
Date: October 24, 2006 08:38AM

Royal Turtle?

Posted by: ANON (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: October 24, 2006 09:21AM

halo, Marys Boon, bad neighborhood? With due respect. Are you for real? Maybe youd be better off dealing with a TA. In 25 years I never had a hotel on SXM tell me there was a three night minimum and for sure not in low season which is what end of November is. Their usually chomping at the bits to fill the rooms.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: October 24, 2006 09:22AM

Posted by: halo (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: October 24, 2006 09:55AM

A-non, with all due respect...4 hotels I tried are sold out (to accomodate 4 people) and 3 (including the Summit) have 3 night minimums. Looks like you are not doing your hotel homework!!

We did check out Marys boon because we had freind staying there, we liked it, but the airport was too close and noisy and the neighborhood that we had to drive through (and got somewhat lost) looked bad. We then talked to some other travelers later on our trip and they said "do not go driving around that hotel area, it's dangerous" This is just what we heard and OUR opinion.

Maybe you need to get "real"!!!!!!!!!

PS THANK YOU everyone else for tring to help, we are going to stay at "La Petite hotel".

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |