The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Interesting Tid-Bit on the Mullet Bay Litigation
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 06, 2006 08:27PM

[sxmprivateeye.com]

Good reading, spike

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Interesting Tid-Bit on the Mullet Bay Litigation
Posted by: lynn (199.231.28.---)
Date: August 07, 2006 11:51AM

Thank you. That was very interesting!!!!!!

Posted by: Mary Ann&Norm Tuttle (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 14, 2006 09:02AM

Dear Sir/Madam
What is happening at Mullet Bay? We own at the Towers but have not gone down because of the deplorable state of the property. We own since 1980's and it is a shame this has happened. But - 10 years - for a law suit! When will this all end???? Mary Ann and Norm

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 14, 2006 07:54PM

Cloose your eyes for 5 minutes during the drive thru !!!! The Towers landscape is in A-1 condition. Absolutely no reason not to visit the Towers because the of Mullet's on-going problems. IMHO. Clearly...you have your reasons. Further, most of the destruction is grown over with weeds and bushes and as a result can't be seen from the Towers balconies...and we're on the East side on the 7th floor...a view of it all !!! spike.

Posted by: WWII (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: August 14, 2006 09:06PM

Agree with Spike. The Towers is as good as ever. It's our favorite

Date: August 15, 2006 07:46AM

I totally agree with spike and wll. We have been going to the towers for 15 years. We love and wouldnt go anyplace else. I Spoke to ClarenceDerby on our last trip in July and he mentioned that things are coming to a head with paper work in the system.
Once they rebuild, it will be absolutely beautiful!!!!!

Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 16, 2006 07:02AM

MaryAnn and Norm,

Let me add my voice to that of Spike, WWII and lynn. As a charter owner at The Towers we were certainly dealt a nasty blow when the hurricanes did their damage and another major blow as the owners and management of MBR&C refused to resolve their issues but as far as The Towers itself goes, it's still one of the nicest properties on the island and we would be one more couple that wouldn't dream of missing our annual St. Maarten trip.

My only fear now is the plans they have for this property may result in an over-development of this peaceful area and we may end up with another Westin-like property in our midst. This would definitely NOT be to my liking so I guess I'm one of those who would say, "Be careful what you wish for," when it comes to a resolution of the Mullet Resort issues.

pat
:-) :-)

Date: August 16, 2006 09:55AM

Maryann and Norm. I was talking to Clarence during our last visit in July and he was saying that nothing was cast in stone but here are some of the ideas they have:
1.Puting up more than one resort on the mullet bay beach.
2.building very expensive housing on the golf course and moving the course a bit.

When I asked about the towers he said that there would not be much change. The only thing he know that they would do is doing a little update on maintenance.

I'm counting the time until our next visit...That island is in my blood!!!! If only I had the money to move there!!!!!

Posted by: ANON (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: August 16, 2006 11:32AM

More than one resort on the beach will probly mean no more parking lot and no more Rosey and no more easu beacj access and very expensive housing on the course will mean more absent owners renting them out and even more closed access to the beach. And if they have there way and close the road through the area then everyone suffers. Who was it who was talking about building a bridge over the Mullet lagoon? That would make some changes to if it ever happened. Isnt the towers a seperate piece of property all by itself so the Mullit people couldnt do to much to them but if their talking about updates watch those yearly fees go crazy. The only thing thats held them down all these years is Mullit Hotel being closed in my opinion.

Date: August 16, 2006 01:14PM

ANON,
I'm going to cross my fingers and hope that all goes well for us Towers owners through all the changes.

As Clerance mentioned, there shouldnt be many changes for us owners at all.

Posted by: colin (---.134.233-53.clta.globetrotter.net)
Date: August 31, 2006 03:26PM

See my listing this AM - a very important new development putting to an end the litigation around Sun Resorts and Mullet Bay.
It is finally the beginning of the end.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |