- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Lobster advice!!
Posted by: BobP (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 18, 2008 06:53AM

I agree the MINI CLUB has a great deal on Wed & Sat nights but reservations should be made in advance especially in winter.All U CAN EAT buffet (lobster) in a wonderful setting overlooking Marigot.All the BOTTLES of wine are included and everything else on the buffet. She serves high quality food and great desserts too.good luck

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BobP (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 18, 2008 06:58AM

Forgot to mention I recall La Samanna Hotel may serve Maine Lobsters.I've seen the live Maine Lobster box's placed on our plane addressed to the hotel. Last time I saw them placed on board was many yrs ago but I think the hotel still recieves them.

Posted by: ANON (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: July 18, 2008 09:54AM

I never get why people order NE (it could be Maine, RI or MA lobstah) lobstah in sxm but c'est la vie. Whatever floats your boat. Now that I think about it I guess everyone that goes to sxm isn't from NE in the first place but me? I like to sample the more local food when I travel so caribean lobstah would be my choice in the caribean.

Posted by: tom2 (---.msn.com)
Date: July 18, 2008 01:44PM

i think everyone forgets or does not know about the buffet saturday nites at captain olivers. i have gone the past 4 years and the cost is now up to 35.00 us but well worth it if you eat alot and like lobster. it is all you can eat including many, many french desserts (low cal,ha,ha) there is a floor show included and along with all the lobster they had,jumbo shrimp,oysters on half shell, mussells, raw tuna and salmon, small shrimp salad, mahi mahi, fresh tuna salad,red snapper, grouper, roast pig, cocovin (sp)chicken in wine sauce,roast beef, roast pork, roast chicken,ribs, all sorts of fresh veggies and potato/rice etc fillers., it is huge and everytime you get up, the waiter picks up your plate for another clean one. you could gain 5 pounds easily. oh i forgot, they had conk chowder and fish soup also.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: July 18, 2008 01:54PM

oh yea, I loved the lobster at captain Oliver's! thumbs up
and the setting? can't be beat!

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: Tabba Khady (---.55.78.208.dyn-ip.domaccess.com)
Date: July 18, 2008 07:48PM

Actually it is up to $39.50 per person eye rolling smiley (but I am not the one who raised the price, it was already up to it when I took over few month ago), and unfortunatly, since we are being hit by an inflation and that our food cost is going up, flying like a rocket everyday (lets blame it on the price of the oil and the fall down of the US $, high price for shipping, greed, etc...) the buffet will certainly have an increase in price when we re-open in October, after our september break...sad smiley

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: sammie (---.carolina.res.rr.com)
Date: July 21, 2008 04:05PM

Is the lobster at Olivers served warm?

Posted by: Tabba Khady (---.51.78.208.dyn-ip.domaccess.com)
Date: July 21, 2008 07:07PM

No... Lukewarm.

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: carolv (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 22, 2008 09:22AM

Tabba Khady Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Actually it is up to $39.50 per person eye rolling smiley (but I
> am not the one who raised the price, it was
> already up to it when I took over few month ago),
> and unfortunatly, since we are being hit by an
> inflation and that our food cost is going up,
> flying like a rocket everyday (lets blame it on
> the price of the oil and the fall down of the US
> $, high price for shipping, greed, etc...) the
> buffet will certainly have an increase in price
> when we re-open in October, after our september
> break...sad smiley

that is still cheaper than 40 euro at the mini club

Posted by: Tabba Khady (---.51.78.208.dyn-ip.domaccess.com)
Date: July 22, 2008 01:21PM

That's also because the US dollar went down because Claude at the Mini club always charged 40 Euro. So when the $ was higher, her and Captain O. had pretty much the same price. She has a very good buffet too, a bit different than the one at Capt. O. because it is more creole oriented which is great because it makes it very unique. She has the same creole cook since ever and she is very good.

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Antiquefirelt (---.gwi.net)
Date: August 24, 2008 06:10PM

Phillipe: When in Oct. does Capt. oliver's re-open. We will be coming mid-Oct. and would lovge to dine there?

As for Maine lobster, defineately different and possibly sweeter. NS and Maine trade lobsters back in forth between the seasons. Maine sells them to NS all summer while NS provides them to Maine dealers in the winter. If they're real big, they're not from Maine as our conservation laws prevent harvesting large lobsters.

Posted by: irina (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: August 24, 2008 06:50PM

doesn't skip jack sell maine lobster?
cheers
irina

Posted by: Elaine (---.p1.ragingwire.net)
Date: August 25, 2008 04:10PM

Yes, Skipjacks sells Maine Lobsters.

Posted by: Joan D (209.114.186.---)
Date: August 26, 2008 01:01PM

Philippe,

Will Capt. O's be closed for the whole month of Sept. We will be there 9/20 to 9/27 and always eat there. Hoping that you will be open during that time.

Joan

Posted by: Tabba Khady (---.48.78.208.dyn-ip.domaccess.com)
Date: August 26, 2008 06:45PM

Hi Joan,
we are closing at the end of this week (Sunday 31st will be the last night before vacation) and we are re-opening on Saturday 27th of September (but that first saturday of re-opening will be "a la carte" only... no buffet on an opening day!).

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |