The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: kellett family incident / L ' hoste hotel
Posted by: John (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 25, 2006 10:22PM

And so the fact that your friends claimed to have used the safe and management implied that they were lying tends to make me feel that no matter whether the kids in this recent incident had used the safe or not, the quote "if you had used the safe, our insurance would have covered the loss" was just a ridiculous lie to stop the Kellett's from pursuing the incident any further.

Based merely on the fact that management acted like the police, and would not come to the room the night of the incident was enough to convince me that if I ever received a free vacation for a week's stay at L'Hoste, I would use the airfare but pay for an alternate place to stay.

Obstinate, "above it all" attitudes just don't cut it in the hospitality industry and could certainly be the kiss of death to their business.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Charles (---.tycoelectronics.net)
Date: July 26, 2006 10:43AM

"Obstinate, "above it all" attitudes just don't cut it in the hospitality industry and could certainly be the kiss of death to their business."

That is an absolute fact.

A kinder and more accomodating attitude towards victims of crime can go quite a long way, and indeed, the owners of L'Hoste should take a long hard look at their procedures for dealing with guests who have had their belongs taken. The first thing would be to have a person of authority there to "handle the situation" and by that, not deny the issue or accuse the victim.

What that is intended to accomplish is be beyond me.

Posted by: gallet (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: July 26, 2006 11:29AM

Wow, glad I happened to get on here and read about what's been going on at this hotel...We are planing a trip in Dec and someone recommended this hotel to us but now NO WAY!! I think that we will try the Amanda. We want to feel that we are going to be taken care of the feel SAFE that management is on our side (not ripping us off!!)

Posted by: sammie (---.carolina.res.rr.com)
Date: July 26, 2006 05:09PM

Also see the post on traveltalkonline.com about the Kelletts!

Posted by: kathy (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: July 27, 2006 07:00PM

To the staff at L' Hoste. I personally have met this family as they frequent the island on a regular basis.I don't blame him for his reaction to you at all.I was in the Hotel and restaurant business for 20 years.
THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!! You screwed up! You should have adressed this problem imediately not when you woke up the next morning. Looks like you will be seeing a decline in your business. Too Bad! Word of mouth will either make you or break you! in your case , this incident will dye down but the regulars to the island will not forget!

Posted by: OH (12.16.111.---)
Date: July 27, 2006 08:47PM

Ir's so funny to see how many poster just signed up to respond to this thread. Welcome trolls - one and all.

Posted by: Kay (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 27, 2006 07:33AM

ARE YOU Freaking Kidding ME!!!!! Safe Key or No safe Key These poeple were robbed. I don't care if they left the freakin door wide open. And I don't care if they told those guys as they were leaving (who we now know were possibly the burgulars) " Hey guys we're leaving and we left our door open and the crown jewels are inside!!!" Those scumbags had no right to trespass into these people place of temporary residence and take there shit. From the Movado to the F*cking panties. What kind of bullshit is this? PLACE BLAME WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE PLACED. On the perpatrator not the victim.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2006 07:35AM by Kay.

Posted by: musesxm (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: August 27, 2006 10:16AM

I smell a fish here
These threads have been widely disucssed and there are enough opinions in the various threads/responses to pick the one that works for you.

Once again someone chooses to resurrect the threads after weeks of inactivity sinilar to the way Janet and Jim highjacked old threads to enforce their vendetta against L'Hoste.

Is it a coincidence that Janet and Jim and Kay are the only ones posting on these threads through aol.com or am I just being over suspicious.

I am not condoning L'Hoste behavior but enough already.

Posted by: .Bruce. (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 27, 2006 05:53PM

Thanks for bringing it back . Now i'll go over to Orient Beach.com and post it on their revamped board ORIENTBEACH.com also

Posted by: ANON (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: August 28, 2006 08:34AM

This horse should be dead by now.
Not sure why someone wants to resurect it or why anyone else wants to keep it going. The hotel screwed up major big time as did the guests. Let it die or let the appropriate partys deal with it but spare the rest of us please.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |