The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Sapphire Bch Club- Financial
Posted by: Cupecoy94 (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: July 09, 2006 08:21AM

We had the Saph rent two of our weeks for us so we have money due to us. That was last March. They never answer e-mail and if you phone you just get a run around. Any similar experience or advice on how to get paid from them?
Dave

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sapphire Bch Club- Financial
Posted by: JJC (---.vkarrigoni.org)
Date: July 10, 2006 02:03PM

That is crazy! I was going to try and have them rent mine out next year but now forgot about it!

I would keep hounding them until something happens or maybe you can either withhold your maintenance fees or tell them that the rental will cover the fees for the next few years.
I wish I had a better suggestion.

Posted by: killian (---.dhcp.mant.nc.charter.com)
Date: July 10, 2006 02:12PM

Cupecoy94-
That is too bad that you are having trouble. You got a good suggestion, in theory, to hold back your maint fees, but this may also cause a lien, etc. I believe you can place your maint. fees in escrow with an attorney, and this prevents them from filing liens, etc. I am not an attorney, but I have heard of people doing this in the States. As you are dealing with another country, however, laws may be different.

JJC-
Rather than having Sapphire rent your unit try the Timeshare User Group website. It's great, and I have rented from them the last couple of years for my SXM vacation. I have no affiliation with the sire-just a happy customer!!

Posted by: Cupecoy94 (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: July 10, 2006 05:50PM

Thanks Killian for the info, I'll will certainly give timeshsare a try. I used to use ebay with success but now you have to join "square trade" plus give your fingerprints and hand over your first born!!
Saph used to just write a check but now I guess its just part of the downward slide. Frankly I'm about ready to sell due to disgust with how the glorified resort is run.
Dave

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |