- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10
Re: Sapphire Beach Club
Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: September 14, 2012 08:34AM

I agree, Philippe. The maintenance fees used to be reasonable but clearly are not so reasonable any more

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: charles (64.206.241.---)
Date: September 14, 2012 01:24PM

Yep,

Timeshares have become a definite "rip off" -- maintenance fees continue to rise while service and ACTUAL maintenance continues to suffer. The value of your unit (should you wish/try to sell it) is approx. $0. Nobody (or very few) wants them at any cost for the very same reason we no longer see any value: You can rent cheaper, we have no real control over the maintenance fees, service can be (and frequently is) poor, and they have no resale value.

Great investment!!

Charles Reynolds

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: September 14, 2012 04:25PM

actually I was recently given a website address very interesting for people who travel and want another choice of accomodation than Hotel or Timeshare. Rent an appartement (or a room, or a futon in a living room) at a lower or lesser cost... If people are interrested :
www.airbnb.com
Maybe you all already knows about it, but I didn't and I think next time we are traveling to NY or elsewhere we may try it.
there are some accomodation in sxm too by the way.

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Elaine (---.caribserve.net)
Date: September 15, 2012 07:23AM

That's a great web site Philippe! Thanks!

Posted by: SXMaholic (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 15, 2012 08:34AM

We had 2 units/weeks...one in building 3 and Villa 13. We 'gave' back the Bldg 3 unit in exchange for maintenance/supplemental fees for both that were due. We kept the Villa since we enjoyed that the most for a number of reasons. We now only have the Villa and pay maintenance on that. It was getting too expensive to keep both as much as we liked them.

Posted by: Charles (64.206.241.---)
Date: September 17, 2012 10:09AM

Thank you SXMaholic,

That sounds like a great idea -- I will probably request something comparable.

I'm not sure how to contact anyone who "knows anything" at the resort. I was given an email address, but have not yet received a response.

Anyone with ideas, please let me know.

Thanks!!

Charles

Posted by: Kathy (---.dhcp.knwc.wa.charter.com)
Date: September 22, 2012 05:43PM

We gripe about the timeshare maintenance fees, but we still pay it because we love SXM so much, we love the people and everything about this island. We purchased a week in Hawaii not long ago and are still kicking ourselves but we have never regretted purchasing our SXM timeshares.smileys with beer

Posted by: charles (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: September 23, 2012 07:00PM

Well, I'd just like to be able to talk with someone at Sapphire regarding my past due mainenance fees. I don't even know that if I decide to pay them I will still "own" the weeks. I don't know what their intentions are. Are they simply ignoring my request so they can eventually take back our weeks? No idea what their intentions are -- why they will not at least respond to my request for info.

I see no real benefit of being a "member" -- there certainly appears to be no additional perks or respect.

Just my thoughts.

Charles

Posted by: SXMaholic (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 24, 2012 08:55AM

Contact gguerina@sbcwi.com regarding your unit...you should get a response.

Posted by: Grace'sgrammie (---.wifi.utoledo.edu)
Date: September 25, 2012 04:29PM

We have always loved our two weeks at Sapphire but just found out why they have delayed invoicing for 2012 maintenance fee. They have added a "supplemental budget" item for 2011 which significantly raises the price and who knows what they have in mind for 2012-13? Sadly, it's probably time to say goodbye to Sapphire. Any recommendations for somewhere else to stay on SXM?

Posted by: Charles (64.206.241.---)
Date: September 26, 2012 03:54PM

Thanks SXMaholic,

Contact gguerina@sbcwi.com regarding your unit...you should get a response.

Gina seems to working it out.

Charles

Posted by: kevin blanchfield (144.9.40.---)
Date: February 22, 2013 02:19PM

i need an email address where i can contact Sapphire about paying my maintenance fees...they are a joke..never received my bill to pay this year yet..cant bank....i am calling 011599542179 but cant get thru to anyone for billing.. anyone who can help me in this matter i would love it...

Posted by: kevin blanchfield (144.9.40.---)
Date: February 22, 2013 02:24PM

by the way my email to above help is akablanch@yahoo.com..my number is 918-931-9314...thanks....kevin

Posted by: Lynne (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 04, 2013 04:46PM

Anonymous User Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> by the way my email to above help is
> akablanch@yahoo.com..my number is
> 918-931-9314...thanks....kevin

I'm sure my response is too late, but the SXM area code has changed from 599 to 721 a few years ago. That might help someone in the future...

Posted by: Lois (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 07, 2015 03:43PM

Having read the myriad complaints about the management of Sapphire Beach Club it seems that a petition should be signed by all of us as disgruntled "owners" and that we need to seek a legal remedy. It is not acceptable to fly four or more hours to vacation in a moldy, partially furnished unit that lacks the amenities advertised at the time of purchase. This has become a chronic problem that must be addressed for it is unhealthy to vacation in an unfit, moldy resort... If you agree, please email me.
Lois
(loisjuliette@yahoo.com)

Pages: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |