The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10
Re: Sapphire Beach Club
Posted by: Zebulon (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 17, 2011 06:33PM

It has been my experience that the folks that be-ach about Time Share accomodations are looking for Five Star Hotel treatment @ TS prices. I have been very happy with all of my stays @ Sapphire and expect nothing less when I arrive on Saturday. Not perfect but where can you go for a week,right on the beach, with gorgous view, 70-80 degree temps, convenience-store bar and restaurant on-site in January for $586. drinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2011 06:37PM by Zebulon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ed (nine510) (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 17, 2011 10:33PM

Actually, it seems that when they be-ach about timeshares, it's fact-based on very substantive complaints that seems due to systemic problems with timeshares.

There are some good timeshares, obviously, but that doesn't preclude the overwhelming number of legitimate complaints, in general.

Ed

Posted by: SXMaholic (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 18, 2011 08:00AM

We were there in Dec (12/4-11) at our T/S Villa 13 after a 2 yr absence. The overall appearance of the Sapphire isn't as bad as I thought. It could use an exterior paint job. Lobby furniture updated and front desk was pleasant. Upon our arrival we were given a flyer advising maid service Wed/Sat only. The Villa itself was semi clean as if it hadn't been used in awhile. New furniture inside and on terrace, which were very nice, but same old ratty lamps. All the appliances are outdated and the kitchen faucet leaked. The plunge pool water level was low and needed to be cleaned and operational. The upstairs bedrooms (2) had no A/C. These problems were reported to the front desk and within a 1/2 hr someone was at our door to fix the A/C. The pool wasn't looked at until Monday....they just added water and it never was fixed that we could see........but we really didn't fuss as we went to the beach every day. We did have a flat screen TV in the living room but regular TVs in the bedrooms. We did have maid service every day, don't know if it was because we gave her some $ at the beginning of our stay or not. The pool area had new lounges and umbrellas and very few people at any given time. The bar/restaurant was up and running with a limited menu, pleasant help and good food. They were going to expand the menu later on in the month. The superette is still open but it seemed less stocked than I remember but good in a pinch. There is a new supermarket around the bend at Porto Cupecoy which is fantastic! Great selection and prices. Overall our stay at Sapphire was pleasant as was the front desk. Never saw any 'sales' people during our stay.

Posted by: mee (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: January 18, 2011 12:22PM

Well that is somewhat uplifting, I think. Sounds better then what I thought I was in for anyways! Thanks for the update!

Posted by: Zebulon (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 30, 2011 07:19PM

Just returned from a week stay at the Sapphire, fresh towels,bedding and maid service daily along with courteous and attentive staff. New owners at the bar & restaurant, very friendly and busting their butts to establish good repore with their cliental. I would put their pizza up against any on the island,live music two or three days per week. Very enjoyable stay.

Posted by: Christian (---.5-85.cust.bluewin.ch)
Date: February 06, 2011 04:12PM

Dear pigeons and other nice climb
Since 1996, I am the victim of family Verdier. Although I pay my "maintenance fees" each year although it is increasing. I also had to pay a "special assessment" to renovate the apartments because they had never been the object of any renovation and I never got an answer as to whether work had been done. It's just a scam!
Conclusions: Pay or die

Re: Sapphire Beach Club 2012 Maintenance fees
Posted by: James Pittman (---.204.68-204.dynamic.3bb.co.th)
Date: February 24, 2012 12:57AM

I have been unable to contact anyone at Sapphire about the 2013 Maintenance fee. I have sent numerous emails and made 3 telephone calls. They promised to have the responsible person return my calls but to date I have received no response to either my emails or my telephone calls.

If I can't get help soon I will have to seek legal action to resolve the problem.

Please send me a telephone number or an email address where I can contact someone about this problem.

Regards,

James Pittman

Posted by: Zebulon (---.dhcp.oxfr.ma.charter.com)
Date: February 24, 2012 02:06AM

"I have been unable to contact anyone at Sapphire about the 2013 Maintenance fee."

Might be because the 2013 rate hasn't been set??

"If I can't get help soon I will have to seek legal action to resolve the problem."

Good luck with your lawsuit........ and just what are your damages.....?????

Posted by: grace'sgrammie (---.buckeyecom.net)
Date: April 03, 2012 06:18PM

We were there from March 10-24 and had a great time. Service greatly improved. Room cleaned every day. Staff much friendlier and more helpful than in recent past (especially at the bar). They upgraded us one week to a nicer place without being asked and at no charge.

Odd about the 2012 maintenance fee. Never got billed for it and they didn't ask us for it while we were down there. Sure can't figure out what that's about, but we ain't complaining.

All in all a great two weeks. (Don't mean to sound like a salesperson for the place, but that's the way it was.) OK, you want to hear one complaint, our phone didn't work for the first few days, but we never call anyone anyway. I guess once we had to walk down to the bar to order a (very good) takeout pizza instead of calling down, but that didn't exactly ruin the trip.

Posted by: Judith (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 11, 2012 09:46PM

I have been contemplating selling since I have not been there since I bought it over 20 yrs ago, but if the place has been updated and looks as nice as I am reading I may reconsider. Anybody else been there this year with positive experiences?

Posted by: Janice (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 16, 2012 09:17PM

I was hoping someone can help me. Sapphire beach club never sent us the maintenance fee for 2012. We have been trying to contact them by phone and email, but no one ever responds. We can't even bank our week with RCI because they say to them we haven't paid the maintenance fee, which of course is true, but its not from lack of trying.

Any suggestions?

Posted by: Charles Reynolds (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: September 08, 2012 09:11PM

Janice,

I am an owner at Sapphire also -- I recently received maintenance fees and am wondering if I really should pay them or just let my units (we own 2) "go". You have to wonder about the value -- with this year's fee, it looks like I could rent a unit for a week for less than the maintenance fee (and I'm certainly not aware of any owner benefits.)

Any thoughts?

Charles Reynolds

Posted by: SXMaholic (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 10, 2012 03:51PM

Rather than just let it go....I would write them asking them if they would take the unit/s back to cover any outstanding maintenance/supplemental fee/s. Otherwise they will send it to the collection agency and why risk ruining your credit. we did that with one of our units and kept the Villa. Worked out great for us.

Posted by: Charles (64.206.241.---)
Date: September 12, 2012 02:01PM

SXMaholic,

Not sure I understand exactly what you are saying: "..we did that with one of our units and kept the Villa. Worked out great for us." Are you saying that you had them take one of your units? And you retained a Villa?

Posted by: Kathy (---.dhcp.knwc.wa.charter.com)
Date: September 13, 2012 06:37PM

We finally received our maintenance fee statement after calls and e-mails. There is a $100 per week (we have 2) late fee as well as an additional special assessment that we knew nothing about. So the total for each week in maintenance fees amounted to $1301.

Pages: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |