- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10
Special assessment and Meridian
Posted by: yvonne (208.88.9.---)
Date: October 15, 2008 05:05PM

Kevin, like you, Meridian has reported to the credit agencies on our special assessment fees.

I have contacted two attorneys who are hesitant to start because it's SMX law we're dealing with and their charges would be very high...
But I am prepared to sue for destruction of credit if need be.

I am wondering if the best place to start is with the atty handling the class action suit.

At a minimum, they ought to be required to freeze reporting to the credit agencies. In the meantime, I have filed a formal dispute with all credit reporting agencies and sent certified mail to the same effect to Meridian.

Yvonne

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sapphire Beach Club
Posted by: lshpritz (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: October 17, 2008 08:16PM

I own week 51 1 b/r. If anyone is interested in buying let me know.
lee@theashlandgroup.com

Posted by: SXMaholic (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 18, 2008 07:12AM

Hope you paid your Special Assessment Fees! They won't let you sell until you do!

Posted by: Parker (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 23, 2008 03:01PM

We stayed at Sapphire this May . While the furniture and some nice up grades did happen .The front desk staff still does not have enough customer service training.
Also our 2 units where dirty. I don't think maids are check up on to see if they sweep behind bathroom doors or behind toilets. And Clean the hot tubs. What a waste.
They never take care of them.

I would like to know how they can take our units from us as long as we have payed the yearly maintenance fees. We have owned since 92 pre- construction.
The manager has no idea how to talk to a timeshare owner. If we didn't buy timeshare he won't have a job.
We had to pay the S.A. payment before they would let us use the unit.
I question what happen to all that maintenance fee money that has been payed all these years.
The manager was just sooooo rude.

We own timeshare at other resorts and never have trouble with front desk staff.
And have always had wonderful responds from management.

Posted by: Patsy (---.dsl.toldoh.ameritech.net)
Date: October 24, 2008 10:12AM

I did call the Wyndham and they did say Sapphire Beach is part of Wyndham. Call their customer service #: 1-800-466-1589. You can open up a file with them which is what I did. You can register your complaints on the phone, on-line, or by fax or mail. I would start by calling the 800#. They will give you a claim # when you file your complaint. If enough people submit complaints, maybe we can get something changed.

Posted by: Patsy (---.dsl.toldoh.ameritech.net)
Date: October 24, 2008 10:33AM

We are also an owners.I called Wyndham less than a week ago and filed a formal complaint. They do acknowledge that Sapphire Beach is a Wyndham property. Call the customer service #: 1-800-466-1589. You can file a complaint over the phone, on-line, etc. They will give you a reference # for your complaint. You can update that complaint on-line. If enough of us who are owners, start filing formal complaints with Wyndham, maybe they will do something. Our emails to Sapphire since the end of May have been ignored and never answered. We sent over 12. The same is true for our 2 emails sent to the president of the association. There is no communication with the Sapphire. As someone else said, they take our money and only contact us when they want our maintenance or special assessment dues. Nothing will change is we who are owners don't lodge complaints against the resort property.

Posted by: Betty (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: January 20, 2009 04:04PM

Responding to Special Assessment question....I received info packet Dec. 2006...and paid $738 on a studio week, in addition to normal maint. fee. I have not returned to the beach club, but I'm told the unit(s) are in disrepair. Getting nothing for my money.

I have not received my 2009 maintenance invoice and cannot get anyone to answer the phone at any of the several extensions offered on website. Does anyone have a working phone number? Thanks much.

Betty

Posted by: DEAN (---.dyn.everestkc.net)
Date: January 20, 2009 07:32PM

I'd contact Sapphire account at; gguerina@sbcwi.com to find out the amount of the MF and then pay it. They told me last week that the MF bill for 2009 had been mailed a week earlier but I still haven't received it. Whether the MF bill comes or not, it is due by January 15 of each year. Half the time, I haven't received the bill but remember to e-mail them and they do respond to the above e-mail. Since I own a week #51 and 52, I'm not thrilled about paying the MF almost a year in advance (I wonder who gets the interest on the money; the association or the developer) as they could send the bills out two months from check in but I'm sure they won't change their billing practices for my benefit. I'm a member of the litigants and haven't paid the SA as of yet but may be forced to do so before my weeks in 2009 come up.

Posted by: gracesgrammie (---.buckeyecom.net)
Date: January 21, 2009 09:01PM

I have been told that the judge ruled in favor of the developer on the SA and that it must be paid. Can anyone confirm or deny that?

Posted by: SXMaholic (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 22, 2009 05:41AM

Sapphire Beach Club won the first round on the SA fees. It is being appealed and has a very good chance of winning. There are special appeal judges that visit the island several times a year and they have been known to reverse the lower courts decisions.

-Gloria

A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a 'true' friend will be sitting next to you saying...'damn that was fun'!

Posted by: gracesgrammie (---.buckeyecom.net)
Date: March 21, 2009 03:56PM

Just spend two weeks at Sapphire. We have two different units, both in Building 2. One of them has the new furniture, the other doesn't yet. The new furniture is a huge improvement. The facility is in excellent shape, clean, painted, etc. Service was good at the front desk and remarkably improved at the bar. We were reluctant to pay the SA, but it now seems well worth it. Overall a very enjoyable vacation. (If you would be disappointed not to hear one complaint, the chairs at the pool are uncomfortable..)

Posted by: jaf613 (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: May 12, 2009 11:10AM

We just got back from Sapphire on Saturday. We own a time share in the 42nd week but went down with friends who own a villa the 18th week. We are disappointed in the lack of maintenance at Sapphire.

We had no downstairs phone the entire week. We asked to have it repaired at least five times. The toilet in the second bedroom ran constantly the entire week.

We had problems with the safe and had someone in to repair it three times. We also had $300 taken from the safe. We learned that the key which opens the safes is hanging on a hook at the front desk where anyone can take it.

They now have a guard operating the in gate at night through an intercom system. The only problem is that he is never at the intercom and you sit and blow the car horn until he realizes that you want to get in.

We attempted to speak with the manager numerous times about our concerns, but he managed to be unavailable each time we tried.

The pool was green and cloudy the entire week we were there.

We have had our unit for 12 years. Ours friends have had theirs for just as long. We are very concerned about the lack of maintenanc and caring about the units.

We have had our unit for sale with sbc since May of 2007 at a reduced price. They have been unable to sell it.

Posted by: jomarc (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: May 14, 2009 03:45PM

jaf613 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We had problems with the safe and had someone in
> to repair it three times. We also had $300 taken
> from the safe. We learned that the key which
> opens the safes is hanging on a hook at the front
> desk where anyone can take it.
>
YIKES - this really concerns me. We're frequent visitors to the island and we're staying at The Saphhire for the first time in August.

Did you report the theft to anyone?

Thanks for your reply.

Jo-

Posted by: jaf613 (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: May 15, 2009 05:38PM

We attempted to report this to the manager (Joaqin Lima) numerous times and he was unwilling to meet with us. He made himself unavailable the four times we tried to see him. We thought about reporting it to the police but they would do no more than file a report.

I sent an e-mail to the Board President, Bill Olliver, about this but so far, no reply from him.

We will be contacting Wyndham to file a complaint about this.

Posted by: Kathy (---.dhcp.wnch.wa.charter.com)
Date: May 25, 2009 12:45AM

We too, have owned at Sapphire since pre-construction. Two years ago we were there for two weeks and was horribly disappointed with our unit. There were a lot of things that needed to be fixed that wouldn't have taken a lot of time for maintenance to repair. Nothing was taken care of. There were wires hanging out of the plug in. Mold in the shower and the hot tub was a biology project. We tried speaking with the manager and was that ever a mistake. Once we moved to the villa for the last week it was much nicer. We love Sapphire Beach and just want it back to the way it was before, with an RCI Gold Crown or even a silver. We did finally pay the special assessment but under extreme duress!!

Pages: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |