- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Golf at Mullet Bay
Posted by: Chca (65.216.195.---)
Date: August 09, 2011 05:02PM

Is the course worth playing at present - will be there mid-August 2011?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elaine (---.caribserve.net)
Date: August 10, 2011 09:00AM

It's as green as I've ever seen it with all the rain we've had in recent months.

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: August 10, 2011 10:56AM

its very green now Elaine..wonder how playable it is though.

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: WWII (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: August 21, 2011 05:43PM

We play in the winter, because we can't at home, but we wouldn't play in the summer.

Posted by: Dale (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: December 21, 2011 12:41PM

Hello, I am going to be visiting st. marteen over christmas. Wondering what the condition of the golf course is and the cost. golf, cart, clubs.

Thank You, Dale

Posted by: CTH (---.165-177-91.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be)
Date: September 13, 2012 03:19AM

Looking for a nice place to golf in St.Martin.Is Mullet Bay really nothing special or is it worth a go?Has anybody played there recently, if so how is the course?
Are there other places to play golf?
Thanks,
Christine

Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: September 13, 2012 06:33AM

CTH

The golf situation at Mullet changes with the seasons and the amount of rain the island gets. At best of late, the course is playable and fun but not a golfing destination by any means.

I'm not on the island and haven't been there since April (when it was being heavily played every day....) but I spoke with someone who was there within the last month and who played and said it was decent but sorely in need of rain. I believe the last tropical storm may have helped but it's still not a Class A course.

Mullet is the only course on the island so if golf is a must, and you have a sense of humor, it's a fun course to play. If you're a serious golfer who needs perfection, better you should check the status of the golf course on Anguilla and do a golfing daytrip over there or wait to play until you're home.

Clubs and carts can be rented and I don't think most would bother bringing their own clubs unless you were going to be there for a long stay and play daily.

Respectfully,

pat
smiling smileysmiling smiley

Posted by: Elaine (---.caribserve.net)
Date: September 13, 2012 07:29AM

The course was quite brown last weekend, but we've had a little bit of rain, so it may be green today. There are folks playing it every day.

Posted by: Tom&Denise (---.dhcp.nwtn.ct.charter.com)
Date: November 19, 2012 07:37PM

We would appreciate a current update about the course condition & any other perceptions, sidebar comments on carts, rates for Towers owners, etc.

Tempted to give it a try.

We're Towers owners but haven't played the course in maybe 5 years .... walked it a little last Dec. The fairways were being mowed but seemed manageable, traps had sand & greens were marginally ok. It was good to see all the surrounding wrecked condos cleared out.

When does the local club have the "santa" outing?

Thanks,

T&D

Posted by: double-D (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: November 21, 2012 08:05AM

For 12 years this post has been around....and it seems they have not made any improvments!!!

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: November 21, 2012 08:09AM

right..its basically the same... a little bit better or a little bit worse depending... but no major improvements.
people play on it all the time though

[barcann.livejournal.com]

Posted by: pat (---.dsl.wlfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 04, 2012 04:50PM

Tom and Denise,

We're also Towers owners and are just back from St. Maarten and while DH didn't play, the course actually looked marginally better than it has for the past 4-5 years but probably still in the condition you saw when you walked it.

The good news, while I don't have a clue about rates, I do know they have carts and there were a lot of people playing every day we were there. There's been a lot of rain so the grass is beyond straw and is actually green and they are mowing and keeping it in decent looking condition. As we were going out very early one morning I personally saw a grounds worker out raking the sandtraps (? if that's what you call them....) and I got the general impression they were taking reasonable care of it, which in past years apparently they had not been doing, or at least, not to any degree that you might realistically really WANT to play.

The rock borders along the roads abutting the course have eliminated the cars driving on it and those noisy little ATVs don't seem to be driving on it anymore either, or at least, they weren't when we were there.

I don't know if this helps or further muddies the waters but this is what we personally witnessed last week and DH even commented that it looked fairly decent for what it is.

Respectfully,

pat
smiling smileysmiling smiley

Tom&Denise Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We would appreciate a current update about the
> course condition & any other perceptions, sidebar
> comments on carts, rates for Towers owners, etc.
>
> Tempted to give it a try.
>
> We're Towers owners but haven't played the course
> in maybe 5 years .... walked it a little last Dec.
> The fairways were being mowed but seemed
> manageable, traps had sand & greens were
> marginally ok. It was good to see all the
> surrounding wrecked condos cleared out.
>
> When does the local club have the "santa" outing?
>
> Thanks,
>
> T&D

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |