- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
working and living in Saint Martin
Posted by: Monica (---.ml.com)
Date: October 10, 2000 01:05PM

I am interested in finding work and living in Saint Martin. I was wondering if anyone had advice for me as to how to find job listings in the island. I have a bachelors degree in liberal arts and experience in teaching, education, administration, community organizing, ect. I am an English speaker from New York. If anyone has any ideas on how I could live and work in Saint Martin please contact me.

Options: ReplyQuote
RE: working and living in Saint Martin
Posted by: andrea (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 10, 2000 09:00PM

Re: working and living in Saint Martin
Posted by: ali (204.188.171.---)
Date: February 19, 2007 02:26PM

I am interested in living and working in either saint martin or st maarten. More importantly I have 5 children under the age of 8 and I need to find a good school for them either private or public. Also what sort of prices will I be paying to rent a 4/5 bed house and how easy will it be for me getting work. I have 5 accounts papers but have also worked in admin aswell as a 11 years experienced nanny.

Posted by: writer/speaker/teacher (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: February 26, 2007 06:22PM

Hi,

My wife and I (lifelong Canadian residents/citizens with dual Italian-citizenship status) are interested in spending six months of the winter in Saint-Martin (she's a public-school Principal/Special-Education teacher nearing early retirement and I'm a writer/speaker/marketer).

My questions are:

1) Is Saint-Martin an EU country? If so, does it carry the usual reciprocal health-care and employment eligibility of other EU states...meaning that we would qualify for both?

2) If Saint-Martin is not an EU country, what are employment prospects /rules for creative, highly skilled professionals in our fields?

3) What is the range of housing costs for a 2-bedroom apartment/condo in a safe, moderately priced area?

4) Could you give me some examples of living costs?

5) What's the downside of life there?

Thank you very much!

Sincerely,
Bob L.

Posted by: schella (---.233.177.87.myacc.net)
Date: March 09, 2007 08:28PM

my husband,myself and our 2 children would like to relocate to st martin. i'm a montessori teacher and he is into the transportation business ( all of us american citizens) what kind of legal documents do we need for either side ? how is the cost of living ? How much will it cost to for example buy a 3 bedrooms house ? thank you for the info. Sincerely, schella

Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 10, 2007 08:51AM

To all the above posters,

This question is asked fairly routinely on this forum and while I have no first person experience in this area, I've known good people with strong credentials who were promised working certs. for years and after establishing residency on the island, were never able to obtain them from the appropriate island agencies, eventually giving up their quest and moving back to the States.

To live and work legally on this island sounds like everyone's dream but I would think long and hard before making any definite moves in this direction and I'm thinking if it were me I would inquire of the appropriate island governments/agencies as to the prospects of gaining employment legally and also the ramifications of doing so illegally, before I made any definite plans.

With a few exceptions, most of the posters here are like myself, people who visit the island and not residents and we can truly offer not much more than well-intentioned opinions for the most part.

Barbara and Lenny, where are you?

Respectfully,

pat
:-) :-)

Posted by: Kennys (---.sintmaarten.net)
Date: March 11, 2007 10:19AM

Hi Pat !
I'm tried of these enquiries. The Island is over populated and we have too many illegals period. Finding work is like looking 'for a needle in a haystack "!just my two cents.

Posted by: pat (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 11, 2007 12:58PM

Kenny,

Oops, that should have read, "Barbara and Kenny...." but thanks for getting my drift.

Hmmm, "....over-populated and too many illegals..." Now where have I ever heard that before?

I think we'd all like to be able to dream a little about living in paradise but for those of us who must still work, best bet is do it at home so you aren't denying a legal citizen a job, or, in the event you have a skill that might otherwise not be available on the island and unless you are absolutely certain without a doubt that you can get your work permits legally.

Just my two cents on this particular topic.

See you soon, Lesley.

Respectfully,

pat

:-) :-)

Posted by: Yvonne (---.iad.untd.com)
Date: April 16, 2007 07:58PM

What if you have legal rights to work there... and are a native English speaker seeking a teaching job? where would I look for further information?

Posted by: Barbara1 (Moderator)
Date: April 17, 2007 03:43PM

you have legal rights to work on the island? The only way you can get that is to have an employer file for you, which means you should have a job already.

Posted by: Yvonne (---.iad.untd.com)
Date: April 17, 2007 04:51PM

Don't French citizens have legal right to work there? and their spouses? If not, I misunderstood. My apologies.

Cost of living
Posted by: Kelli (---.nacdcmta01.ncgdtx.tl.dh.suddenlink.net)
Date: April 17, 2007 07:27PM

what is the average cost of living on Saint Maartens island? For example, how much would one have to make annually to not live in a poverished area. Please only post a reasonable amount.

Posted by: Elke (---.m.pppool.de)
Date: May 16, 2007 08:20AM

Hello,
I am interested in living in saint martin or st maarten too. I have one child and need information about the school too.
Did you find any Information and can your give this information’s to me??? It would bee very helpful.

I need Information about the prices there for rental or buying a flat or a house. And I need some information about the normal income in this country (because I want to know how high where the general living costs in arrangement to the income.
Now I hope you can give me some information.

Sincerely

Elke

ali Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am interested in living and working in either
> saint martin or st maarten. More importantly I
> have 5 children under the age of 8 and I need to
> find a good school for them either private or
> public. Also what sort of prices will I be paying
> to rent a 4/5 bed house and how easy will it be
> for me getting work. I have 5 accounts papers but
> have also worked in admin aswell as a 11 years
> experienced nanny.

Posted by: Kenny (---.7.33.230.caribserve.net)
Date: May 17, 2007 12:12PM

Hello,

I'm interested in starting a few different business in St Martin, can anyone recommend a legal firm on the island that deals with company creation, local taxes and legal requirements?

Thanks,

Kenny

Posted by: Mauro (---.201-253-23.telecom.net.ar)
Date: June 11, 2007 01:13AM

I'm a student from Argentina and I want to go to Saint Martin just for a couple of months. I speak english and german and I'm an Italy citizen too, so I have the Italy passport. Does anybody know where can I find temporal jobs offers on the web? Are there jobs offers for this kind of jobs on the island? (Waiter, cleaning botes, etc) Thank you very much!!

Mauro

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |