The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
beware of Festiva resorts - Atrium
Posted by: suzanne zenkewich (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 01, 2004 09:10PM

In March 2003 we purchased a timeshare in Tradewinds Cruise Club from Festiva Resorts at the Atrium Resort in St. Maarten. Tradewinds is great, Festiva is another story.
As part of our contract, we were given a bonus certificate for one week’s vacation in a one-bedroom villa at Windjammer Landing in St. Lucia, a resort owned by Festiva. This was given to us as an incentive to purchase and was part of our contract. We have tried on several occasions to book this vacation using the bonus certificate. According to the certificate, we are to call Windjammer directly to reserve the villa. Windjammer disavows any knowledge of the certificate and directs us to call the Atrium in St. Maarten. The Atrium also denies any knowledge of the certificate and directs us to call Festiva, which owns both properties. Festiva also disavows any knowledge of this certificate. All three of these entities have refused to honor the certificate which they gave us. We have made at least ten telephone calls, including several international calls to both St. Lucia and St. Maarten, and sent dozens of emails.
I contacted the Better Business Bureau in North Carolina, who says, after contacting Festiva, that Festiva has no interest in resolving this complaint.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: beware of Festiva resorts - Atrium
Posted by: Neil Rooney (65.217.50.---)
Date: July 02, 2004 01:53AM

this is the same as TTOL??
As I responded there, please email me your specifics or contact
Festiva President Don Clayton

buccaneerbeachbar@hushmail.com

They're old and good friends who WILL correct D problem MON

Just Another Ho Hum Day On D Planet

Posted by: Linda (65.114.251.---)
Date: July 02, 2004 10:35AM

We received a certificate from the Atrium also and got the runaround when we tried to use it. Gave up!

Posted by: suzanne (---.ny.ny.metconnect.net)
Date: July 02, 2004 11:35AM

This seems to be the plan, to give you the runaround long enough so that you just give up. But I really hate to be cheated and their attitude needs to be broadcast to potential buyers.

Posted by: suzanne (---.ny.ny.metconnect.net)
Date: July 02, 2004 12:17PM

Linda
My husand suggested that if you are willing to email me your name and info, when I report them to the various agencies, I will advise them that this is a patten of behavior, and that may pique their interest.
suerapzen@aol.com

Posted by: RicknGrace (199.53.215.---)
Date: July 02, 2004 12:19PM

Are you guys not seeing the response by Neil? He answered here and on TTOL. Take a try. What do you have to lose?

Posted by: Neil Rooney (65.217.50.---)
Date: July 02, 2004 12:45PM

Ritchie Hartnett left SXM this am for NC.
I'll call him and Don on Tuesday and report back here!
In the mean time, can you scan and email me the voucher in question???
Or give some specifics, date layout of voucher etc....
Thanks

By the way...
Festiva does not own Atrium, they manage the sales office/staff.

Post Edited (07-02-04 12:48)

Just Another Ho Hum Day On D Planet

Posted by: Be Careful (---.nyc2.dsl.speakeasy.net)
Date: July 02, 2004 05:34PM

Suzanne:
In case you don't know Neil, he's a business owner on St. Maarten--his bar, the Buccaneer Beach Bar, is on the beach next to the Atrium. When he says he knows the folks involved, he's not fooling around. It's worth the cost of the e-mail...

Posted by: Irina (---.reverse.newskies.net)
Date: July 02, 2004 07:57PM

Neil,
This is interesting as we, Michael and I also have a certificate to a free week at Windjammer Landing.
I never tried to cash it in so I will call them next Tuesday and see what happens.
Thanks for your input
Irina

Date: July 03, 2004 08:59AM

Thanks everyone, I had a phone message from someone at Festiva who I will call later this weekend and see what happens. I am not too optimistic given Festiva's track record, but I will follow up and let you all know.

Posted by: marge (---.ba-dsg.net)
Date: July 08, 2004 02:58PM

Hi, we also bought 'time' from Tradewinds Cruise Club through Festiva at the Atrium sales office. We have used 4 weeks/ cabins on a cruise last Feb. The Tradewinds people were great. They went above and beyond to accomodate the 7 of us who booked the Celine in the BVI. It was a great vacation that we will do again in a heartbeat. However, there was some confusion/dispute regarding the number of 'weeks/cabins' that we purchased. We also had a question regarding the direct payment plan that we signed up for (since resolved). We called Festiva in North Carolina about this, and was told that they had no records at all of our transaction, and that we would have to call the Atrium office in St.M. So....$26 phone call later, the finances are resolved, but I will have to call Bequia (TWCC home office) to settle the number of weeks, as our contract says one thing, and they say another.
We also got the 'free' week at the Festiva properties, but have made no attempt to use them. I wonder if the one for the 'free' week at the Atrium would be honored?1? Bottom line here is to get EVERYTHING in writing, and understand all before signing. FYI, I was told that Tradewinds Cruise Club no longer sells out of the Atrium. Maybe that is why Festiva doesn't recognise the vouchers. It's great of Neil Rooney to offer to act on this issue. Maybe someone from the Atruim sales office , or whoever could clarify the vouchers for us all. Thanks, Neil!
Marge

Posted by: John French (---.niehs.nih.gov)
Date: July 13, 2004 05:16PM

Hey, I understand the frustration, but I have had a good experience with Festiva Resorts. They have a satisfactory rating with the BBB (http://www.asheville.bbb.org/reports/). Something's amiss - I suggest that you call Festiva's customer service (828.254.3378) and then file a complaint with the BBB in Asheville (Festiva's home office) if you don't receive what you are owed.

I hope you get it resolved. What did Festiva have to say when you called them back?

Date: July 17, 2004 01:18AM

I HAVE called and emailed customer service MANY times; even e-mailed the president of Festiva. I reported Festiva to the Asheville BBB and Festiva responded by advising the BBB that they had no interest in resolving my complaint.
I even reported them to the North Carolina Attorney General but again, Festiva just doesn't seem to care.
Someone from Festiva called me two weeks ago after one of the other posters told him about my problem, but he has never returned my call back.

Posted by: Ron Schultz (---.kcp.com)
Date: September 13, 2004 04:27PM

I do not believe Festiva owns either, but has a sales and marketing arrangement.

ANY GOOD THINGS ABOUT STORMY POINT?
Posted by: STEVE (---.112.92.128.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: October 13, 2006 11:51AM

ANYONE HAVE ANY GOOD NEWS ABOUT THE RESOURT STORMY POINT?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |