The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Jewellery Stores
Posted by: jersey080 (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 14, 2006 05:33PM

There are tons of jewelry stores in SXM, whcih everyone has there own prefrence. It really doesnt matter who you go too, they all get their jewelery from the New York Jewelry exchange. They all try to make you feel important and that your part of their family.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cupecoy94 (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 16, 2006 08:09AM

Everyone has thier fav's, We like Ballerina. Have always done business there.

Posted by: gene simmons (---.sbc.com)
Date: December 20, 2006 03:52AM

I strongly suggest Splash Jewellers. The rock my wife got has been appraised at 2x what we paid for each time we have checked it stateside. For two young kids-10 yrs ago- on vacation we were treated fairly and right. God I miss St. Maarten.

Posted by: Riptide (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 20, 2006 11:22PM

we have been going to sxm for 20 yrs. have been dealing with Hiro of Little Europe. we have also dealt with his father before him, whom Hiro inhereted the business from, also a gentleman. he has a lovely wife and family.
Hiro has three locations. one in marigot, two on front street.

each year my wife and family purchase a trinket from him, he is very reputable and s m o o t h. he could charm the socks off of you. ask to see his celebrity photo album. then tell him that Jennifer of NJ sent you.

Riptide

Posted by: Carolyn (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 23, 2006 01:20PM

Everyone has their favorates. Jewels by Love is ours. We are now working on our families 4 generation of dealing with Love and Milan.

Posted by: WWII (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: December 26, 2006 08:27PM

We use Splash and have never been disappointed.

Posted by: Charles (---.tampfl.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: December 27, 2006 09:03AM

Yes, interesting. A post questioning the use of "jewellery" was deleted but a post that has been on since the 15th of December with an obvious Dutch Antillean web address professing to be from Massachusetts is left to advertise for a St. Maarten "jewlry store". Hmmmmm

Re: Jewellery Stores in new york
Posted by: jan sutherden (---.dsl.in-addr.zen.co.uk)
Date: October 17, 2008 01:13PM

Hi I am from London England. I am going to new york next Thurs for my 40Th birthday and am wanting to buy a diamond ring. nothing to big but about 1carat and have no idea where to go. Not wanting to spend loads of dollars. Please help.

Posted by: Tabba Khady (Moderator)
Date: October 17, 2008 07:03PM

Ummm I think you are on the wrong forum if you are going to NY.. This one is about St Maarten/St Martin, the little thinny island in the Caribbean.
I am sure that is you use Google, you will find plenty of answer to your question,

Kind Regards,
Philippe

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: irina (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: October 18, 2008 04:37PM

Hi Jan,
Philippe is right, this is the wrong forum BUT go to the Diamond District and shop around. Check out prices in the UK before you go.
Cheers
irina

Posted by: blackmercedes (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: October 21, 2008 07:40PM

Maybe you could think out of the box and take some jewelry home that originated authentically from St. Martin...Caribbean Beach Glass Jewelry! It is MADE WITH LOVE and the glass is from our favorite island on the planet! It might not be thousands of dollars but it IS FROM St. Martin! Just a suggestion! Susie

Posted by: bettenan (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: November 19, 2008 01:53PM

I just got a piece from Sue (Caribbean Beach Glass Jewelry) a Xmas present for my girlfriend..reasonably prices...looks way more expensive and great service. Sue was amazing to deal with. You just can't go wrong. It unique present and don't have to leave the comfort of your home.
http://www.caribbeanbeachglassjewelrybysusie.com/

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
bettenan from beautiful bucks county (pa)

Posted by: SXMNorm (---.dsl.stlsmo.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 21, 2008 01:56PM

Betty and I have tried several jewelry stores our first couple years visitng St Maarten. Started stopping by DK Gems on Front St after meeting one of the owners, Deepti, at a party. HAve gone there ever since. They treat you like family. They give great service before and after the purchase. Appraisals in The States come back two or more times what you paid. There is NO pressure. Deepti delights in dressing women up in jewels, even when she knows they won't be purchased. DK Gems is located about five store past the Courthouse on the bay side of the Front St. They have a red awning. ...and you meet alot of nice people there. Tell'em SXMNorm suggested you stop by, you won't be sorry.

Posted by: blackmercedes (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: November 23, 2008 06:18PM

Thank you to Bette for the VERY NICE comments! I hope your friend enjoys her present!!! Take Care! Susie

Posted by: double-D (69.158.125.---)
Date: November 25, 2008 08:52AM

As you can see any store is a good store....just go....you will run into a jewelry store somewhere!!
Have a blast!

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |