- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Residence de la Plage
Posted by: Jim (---.ev1.net)
Date: March 09, 2002 06:01PM

Has anyone stayed at this place on Orient Beach? If so, any feedback? Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Residence de la Plage
Posted by: Richard (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 09, 2002 09:26PM

Yes, I stayed there last week. It's a good deal for the money, close to everything, including a store to buy food at.

Posted by: Jim (---.ev1.net)
Date: March 10, 2002 11:27AM

We have reservations now at Cap Caraibes Hotel, but leaning to this place. We can't seem to get much info on it. Is it furnished nicely? In-room safe? Beach view/beach access? Is it in a safe area? Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Posted by: Eddie (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 18, 2002 12:12PM

Go to Orientbeach.com for information on Residence de la Plage

Posted by: anon (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 08, 2006 10:37AM

do you get fresh towels daily? can cleaning every day be arranged for extra charge? TIA for any help!

Posted by: calchip (---.fv.dl.cox.net)
Date: September 09, 2006 09:50PM

When will you be staying at the Residence?

Posted by: rickscott (---.rcc.org)
Date: September 09, 2006 10:37PM

I stayed there in 2001 and we are staying there again in January. There are about 4 units in the building and I chose #33 which is on the 2nd floor and looks towards the beach. There's a nice balcony and you have full kitchen, loft bedroom, safe, towels, shower, AC. It's a great location for Orient Beach. Definitely not luxury but a clean place with enough amenities and a great loaction

Posted by: rickscott (---.rcc.org)
Date: September 09, 2006 10:42PM

[www.beachdays.com]

This is the unit I'm renting.

Posted by: anon (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 10, 2006 09:18AM

Hi Rick...
We are renting #38 in March...do you know if there is any possibility of getting maid service more often than every four days and if so how do we arrange for that? Also, is there any way to get fresh bath towels daily? Your help is appreciated. Thank you!

Posted by: rickscott (---.cinci.res.rr.com)
Date: September 10, 2006 12:29PM

I would contact Maria from Beachdays. Look at the bottom of the website I've posted and you'll get her phone number and e-mail. Try there for that info. Have fun.

Posted by: calchip (---.fv.dl.cox.net)
Date: September 10, 2006 04:00PM

My wife and I will be in unit #38 in about three weeks. Do you know anything about this unit? Is there pool access from this building? Is it close enough to walk to night time eating establichments? Any other nightlife handy? It is close enough to walk to nude area? Thanks for your help.

Date: September 10, 2006 04:11PM

You are about a 7-10 minute walk to the Club O portion of Orient Beach. Some restaurants and beach bar restaurants are closeby. As for pool, I think you may use L'Hoste pool although there is NO pool with you building. Our last stay there, I think they said we had pool privleges at L"hoste. I would say not too much nightlife nearby unless by car. It's a great spot though

Posted by: musesxm (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: September 11, 2006 09:09AM

I stayed in #38 a couple of years ago and plan to return.
As previously stated it is very close to beach bars, several restaurants and stores ( Tap 5 for groceires. )

The apartment is well equiped, clean and comfortable. The view from the balcony is spectacular. I wouldn't plan a gourmet dinner for a crowd but the kitchen has everything you will need for casual vacation food. For easy food Tap 5 has fresh coffee, croisant etc for light breakfast and Pizza and rotiserrie chicken etc for lunch/dinner

Apart for ceratin nights at the weekend most of the beach bars close pretty ealry but check around especially Le Chappelle in the square which often has events especially towards the weekend.

As it is an apartment, not a hotel, you only get maid service every four days but you can arrange for additional days for a modest additional charge. We arranged for evey other day which we found perfectly adequate.

Two othe points of note.

- The bedroom is in the loft area and the roof is quite low in places - you have to cultivate the " stoop " if you want to avoid pain.

- The stairs to the loft are quite steep and should used carefully.

Neither of these are really a problem but need to be heeded especially when making nocturnal trips to the bathroom after sampling the nightlife pleasures available.

Have fun

Date: September 12, 2006 04:33PM

You are certainly right about the steepness of the loft steps. If you drink too much, you sure don't want to fall backwards, you'll spend the rest of vacation in the hospital. I loved the balcony. I think I slept out there once or twice

Posted by: musesxm (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: September 13, 2006 08:01AM

Yes - I slept out there also - very comfy and great falling asleep to the sound of the waves.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |