The Friendly Island Forum
- St.Maarten/St.Martin -

gobeach.com/sxm

| hotels | villas | specials | maps | restaurants | more... |

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Attention Sapphire Timeshare Owners-Important!!
Posted by: grhertzy (---.houston.res.rr.com)
Date: December 12, 2006 11:27PM

To all timeshare owners at Sapphire Beach Club...if you are a dissatisfied timeshare owner due to the state of disrepair of our once beautiful resort and are upset over the recent Special Assessment Fee please email me. We are building a database of owners are fed up with the insulting additional fees being imposed upon us.

We are forming a base of disgruntled owners who want to know how our maintenance fees have been spent over the years with nothing to show for it. The recent outrageous demands for additional monies from us to pay for repairs, improvements and updating, which should have been done with our maintenance fees over the years is an insult. We must demand transparency in how our monies are spent as well as accountability and responsibility.

I have begun an effort to solicit Sapphire Beach Club timeshare owners to be a voice in the way our resort is managed and in the way our funds are spent.

If you are not happy with the condition of Sapphire Beach Club, not to mention the demand for additional funds from us, the timeshare owners please email me at the following address.....grhertzy@houston.rr.com. This is not a request for money and you are under no obligation to do anything other than to express your support for our efforts to make the developer accountable for the way our funds have been spent.

I will be on the island in late January, at which time I will be meeting with an attorney to try to determine just what our options are. In the meantime it is important that we get as many people identified who agree with our position.

Please, when you email me, send me your names, home address and phone number. I am building a database of all interested parties and need all this information for future communication purposes. Your contact information will not be shared with any outside source and will only be used in connection with this effort.

We need hundreds of you to make a difference! Please send me your contact information ASAP. Thank you.

Jerry Hertzenberg
grhertzy@houston.rr.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Attention Sapphire Timeshare Owners-Important!!
Posted by: kim (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 13, 2006 09:42AM

unless your the same person, you may want to search this website and traveltalkonline because I think an attorney has been hired and a group has been formed, but I culd be wrong, that could be for just the atrium, Jeff berger could be contacted also, he may have somethign forming

Posted by: SXMaholic (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 13, 2006 01:46PM

Kim,
Jeff Berger,Stefan Fox (atty) and others are involved with the Atrium mess. No one has stepped up for the Sapphire except Jerry Hertzenberg. So if anyone is interested please contact Jerry so we can get back at the Sapphire en masse.

Posted by: George (---.link2usa.com)
Date: December 14, 2006 05:51PM

Count us in . We have owned there since 98 every other year. When we were there in late June had no air conditioning in our unit much of the time and no one gave a darn!

Posted by: grhertzy (---.houston.res.rr.com)
Date: December 14, 2006 09:04PM

George, thanks for your support. I would like to add you to our growning list of owners.

If you would, please email me at the address in my post on this forum and give me your names, mailing address and phone number.

Thanks again and we will be in touch.

Jerry Hertzenberg

Posted by: Rowboat (---.tampfl.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 14, 2006 10:10PM

Jerry,

Just to set the record straight, 130 Atrium Owners have retained Attorney Rik Bergman to represent them in litigation against Festiva/Atrium. We have filed an injunction in the SXM court. To date Festiva/Atrium has not responded to our inital letter protesting our Special Assessment and 10% increase in Maintenance Fees in violation of our lease agreements.

I commend you on your action in organizing the Sapphire owners as we did the Atrium owners. Eventually these two groups may motivate the SXM government to action and promote laws in SXM to protect timeshare owners, they are needed.

Good Luck on your venture.

Rowie & Pat Percoco

Date: December 15, 2006 06:28AM

Jerry......can you also send this to the TTOL board. They have a huge following and you will probably get more names.
www.traveltalkonline.com
Gloria

Posted by: sunny (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 16, 2006 01:26AM

prior to the present management company, was simon's mgt. co managing saphire?

assessment could be another sweatheart payback deal.

was the timeshare tax his and other developers brainstorm ?

sun

Posted by: Ed (nine510) (---.bstnma.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 16, 2006 09:05PM

Rowboat Wrote:

>
> I commend you on your action in organizing the
> Sapphire owners as we did the Atrium owners.
> Eventually these two groups may motivate the SXM
> government to action and promote laws in SXM to
> protect timeshare owners, they are needed.

If you win in court you may not need the government to pass statute law on the situation, (which they won't do; haven't seen the government go against developers yet) you'd have that case law as precedent wouldn't you?

Ed

Posted by: Brian H ealey (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: December 17, 2006 09:25AM

The fact that these groups are seeking legal representation , does this mean you will forfit your owned weeks at these resorts and not travel . If you don't pay the yearly maint fees you can not bank your weeks with Rci in exchange for others.By not using your weeks the resort will simply rent out as required.
What is every one doing ? Legal actions can take years !

Date: December 17, 2006 07:06PM

We banked our Sapphire 2006 wks (49/50) with RCI about a month ago with no problem. We have NOT paid the Supplemental Assessment Fee and have not heard anything from either Sapphire or RCI about it. Our 2007 Annual Maintenance Fee is due in January, of which we have not yet received. Friends of ours also have NOT paid the Supplemental Assessment and had no problem or mention of not paying the Assessment fee. We both are joining in the Sapphire bandwagon regarding the assessment fees. We need as many owners as we can get to join so we have more 'power'.

Posted by: Cupecoy94 (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: December 18, 2006 06:12PM

I paid the Saff's special assessment of $1890 under thier threat of forfieting your timeshare. They owed us rent money for weeks they rented for us, My credit card statement showed a charge of $148 so they paid up in a round about way which I was happy with........."However".......... I have recieved NO confirmation of payment.....Have not been able to speak with anyone at the SBC about "anything". Consiquently I will guard my credit card statement with my life, print multiple copies to place in various locations like a squirrel as to never lose it because the SAFF will! NEVER LOSE ANY DOCUMENTATION WHEN IT COMES TO THE SAFF! BRING IT WITH YOU!
I will be jumping on the band wagon.

Date: December 31, 2006 05:29AM

Gerry,
Good luck on your visit to SXM and with the 'powers to be'. Please let us all know how you made out, we're all very anxious.
We haven't heard a word from Sapphire about our non-payment of the special assessment nor have we gotten our regular annual maintenance bill which we usually have by now. This is going to be quite interesting.

Posted by: Dianne Dupray (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 25, 2007 03:41PM

Yes, I am very upset. I own week 7 and week 18..In fact we traded off a week we had banked to stay at the Towers for week 7 this year and week 8 we're at The Royal Islander. We just did not want to put up with the conditions at Sapphire. I just paid the maint. for 2007. I have not paid the specail assessment as yet. I don't know if they will let us bank our weeks without paying the assessment but I'm going to try. Count us in any action that may be taken. We are trying to sell our week 18 at this point.
Dianne Dupray

Date: January 25, 2007 05:37PM

Yes we banked our 2006 weeks (49/50)about 1 month before in Nov with RCI without any problem. We had not and will not pay the Special Assessment. We just got our regular Annual Maintenance which they say is not due until Feb 15. They are trying to use scare tactics by threatening forfeiting our weeks. I hope you and every Sapphire owner has e-mailed Jerry Hertzenberg to add your name to the litigation.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
My comment is constructive and friendly. 

To keep this a 'friendly' place: by participating
on this forum you grant us the right to remove
messages which in our opinion are inappropriate
or offensive without notice.
No ads please.

Spice up your posts with Phorum Code!

Did you know that if you login first that you can edit your own message
after you have posted it? Convenient for fixing those pesky spelling
mistakes. Another nice feature is that you can have replies to your
message send to you by e-mail. Also, as a 'trusted' user you don't have
to solve the math-problem. No login name? You can register here.

Brought to you by the Caribbean Hurricane Network and GoBeach Vacations

GoBeach Vacations || www.gobeach.com
Your source for the best Caribbean vacation you've ever had!

| Caribbean Hurricane Network | Beaches | Restaurant Reviews | Island Map | Activities | Island History | Vacation Villas | Hotels\Guesthouses\Condos | Other Destinations | E-mail Us |